Pics for Jeff, 'Weed, Neil, Roy, and RobG.
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Pics for Jeff, 'Weed, Neil, Roy, and RobG. Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:06 am
    ----
Took these today, If any one wants more detailed shots let me know.

Joe D

#2: Re: Pics for Jeff, 'Weed, Neil, Roy, and RobG. Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:29 am
    ----
Hi Joe! Hi Folks!

Super, thanks for the photos!

Looks like the Sheridan needs some TLC. The main gun tube is out of battery.

Nice looking Lingle there. Razz

Looks like that display is being well taken care of. Where did you take those photos Joe?

Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#3: Re: Pics for Jeff, 'Weed, Neil, Roy, and RobG. Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:56 am
    ----
Thanks Joe,

mouth-watering selection you posted there- do you really have to ask if we want to see more? Wink

Cheers,

Jens O.

#4: Re: Pics for Jeff, 'Weed, Neil, Roy, and RobG. Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:42 am
    ----
This is where most of Joes Photos are taken.

Spent quite a while there myself. Cool

Don

#5: Re: Pics for Jeff, 'Weed, Neil, Roy, and RobG. Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:29 am
    ----
I've been up to McCoy a few times, once for an AC/RC familiarization course (3 days of intensive training crammed into 5). And for the ATRRS operator course and I did a Bde/Bn pre-command course there as well (another 3 day course stretched to 5 days). Beautiful place to run around. I thought the museum was a nice little area, but they could have varied the paint schemes just a little Wink

Thanks for the shots.

#6: Re: Pics for Jeff, 'Weed, Neil, Roy, and RobG. Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:15 pm
    ----
I spent a lot of time at McCoy when I was in the IL Guard. Never made it to the display area, though - which is a shame considering all the cool stuff they have there.

#7: Re: Pics for Jeff, 'Weed, Neil, Roy, and RobG. Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:58 pm
    ----
I was done with the daily work in the ATRRS class by about 1500 so I would go on runs throughout the post. When I ran (literally) across the museum, I took the time to walk through the displays.

#8: Re: Pics for Jeff, 'Weed, Neil, Roy, and RobG. Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:16 pm
    ----
That seems to be one fine display area, and I agree, the paint jobs need variation but at least they're painted nicely and not streaked with rust stains. Do the vehicles have bumper markings and / or unit identification? If so, are they mainly National Guard unit markings?

#9: Re: Pics for Jeff, 'Weed, Neil, Roy, and RobG. Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:03 pm
    ----
No markings besides the name plate in front of the vehicle.

Don

#10: Re: Pics for Jeff, 'Weed, Neil, Roy, and RobG. Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:31 am
    ----
Thanks! These are in really good shape. I'll have to get up there one day. As Roy said, the gun on the Sheridan is out of battery. That's the first thing I noticed. You will note that the gun is a little shorter than it should be.

There's something else to be noted about this gun and it's all too common. Even the Littlefield's collection has this minor flaw- You will note that the gun slides in and out of a dust cover. Well look at the big gap between the gun and dust cover. This gap was caused when they switched the M81 Modified gun (W/BORE EVACUATOR) out for an M81E1 gun W/O bore evacuator. At that time a new dust cover should have been fitted.

Maybe I'll take out a bank loan for a tank of gas and head up there this summer. Laughing

Note the Dust Covers Below:

#11: Re: Pics for Jeff, 'Weed, Neil, Roy, and RobG. Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:17 pm
    ----
One more question, the pictures appear to be taken from "above" looking down. Where were you for these, on stilts?!

#12: Re: Pics for Jeff, 'Weed, Neil, Roy, and RobG. Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:13 am
    ----
Jeff,
When I posted the T95 shots for Neil I kinda got the same questions from Dontos. I made a camera pole. I posted some pictures of it for Jim Web on the thread " T95 for Neil" if you want to check it out. I'm really happy with the results. Not many pictures posted from that angle so maybe I've created a signature for myself. That is until everyone else starts making their "Camera Pole".

Joe D

#13: Re: Pics for Jeff, 'Weed, Neil, Roy, and RobG. Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:57 pm
    ----
Thats a nifty idea, I wouldn't mind seeing your plans for such a devise. If you don't want to post them here, you can PM them to me. I could sure use something like that.

-> AFV News Discussion Board