Airwarefare's IL2 Manual!
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: Airwarefare's IL2 Manual! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:22 am
    ----
Airwarefare has been doing a Wiki-IL2 Manual and if you don't know what a "Wiki" is, let me explain.

A "Wiki" is a User interactive web interface that allows the user to contribute content via the "EDIT" link on the web page. In other words, anyone can edit the page and add content!

Airwarefare's IL2 manual is nothing short of stunning as their many members have contributed to this project and it's worth taking a look at for any IL2 fan.

A quote from AWF:
The IL2 manual is rapidly growing in content. We still need authors from the community who are willing to contribute.

Many guides have been sent in by the community and we thought it was time that these were made available for all in an easy to access form. The manual is written using Wiki a system that allows people to edit a websites content and see the changes 'live'

Please take a look at the manual, the Installation, patching, FAQ and Game setup sections are the most developed at the moment.

Here is the link: Click HERE!

#2: Re: Airwarefare's IL2 Manual! Author: Gamekeeper PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:38 am
    ----
Hi Bushwhacker, Glad you like the manual, we welcome any input no matter how small. We just launched Mission4Today which also uses Dragonfly cms. Good software!

Good to see com central still going strong

Cheers!
Gamekeeper aka EURO_Snoopy

#3: Re: Airwarefare's IL2 Manual! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:20 am
    ----
Hiya Gamekeep (Snoopy) and welcome to Com Central!

Yep, CC staff has looked into Wiki projects in the past and while we realize the potential of Wiki, we've not started any projects with it. I'm sure glad AWF did though, great job on the IL2 manual!

Great job on the AWF site too Snoopy! That site is a wealth of information... Wink

Dragonfly CMS is IMO one of the best out. There are others, but none that have the dedication that the DF Staff has. I've written a manual [tutorial] at that site for converting from the older 82c to DF and it's on their Wiki.

#4: Re: Airwarefare's IL2 Manual! Author: Gamekeeper PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:47 pm
    ----
Thanks Bshwacker, it's normally fun working on it all, but I had a problem yeasterday while adding a custom field to Downloads Pro, could you have a look at this thread perhaps you might have an idea what has gone wrong.

#5: Re: Airwarefare's IL2 Manual! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:45 pm
    ----
Hiya Gamekeeper and I seen you post before over there. Wink

I'll send you a pm...:D

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters