Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing?
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> FS2004

#16: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:49 am
    ----
Nice bird to fly for sure and I'm guessin' the tail gunner position isn't the most sought after position in your plane Ascout...lol

#17: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:39 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
Nice bird to fly for sure and I'm guessin' the tail gunner position isn't the most sought after position in your plane Ascout...lol

It was precisely because of my reputation for steep takeoffs that made them put that "stinger" under radar control and eliminate the tail gunner altogether...

Besides...I liked that "beveled edge" look on my gun muzzles...

...a little-known factoid from the history of flight!

#18: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: venom PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:23 pm
    ----
Well..

If you like big birds... not airliners... I higly recomend this...

Needs a bit of work in the panels to fit *my* likings... but is GREAT... flyawaysimulation.com/...e1500.html

Highly recommended

#19: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:31 pm
    ----
Thanks for the heads up venom!! Looks great and I'm getting them now... Wink

#20: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: venom PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:48 pm
    ----
Dunno if the link above has the upgrades... here's another link...

www.simviation.com/fs2...tary64.htm

#21: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:21 pm
    ----
JG300-Ascout have you got details of the Strato Jet mission profile because as best as I remember this aircraft was required to be flown in "the coffin corner" i.e. at a high altitude where the max-cruise speed of the aircraft was just slightly above the stall speed, as I wonder does the sim reproduce this issue?

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

#22: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:40 am
    ----
I took a Gulfstream V to FL450 in the Sim and got those results - not much slower than redline and she wouln't hold altitude.

#23: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:16 pm
    ----
Some info on flying the 4-real B-47

www.b-47.com/Stories/B...oyne_2.htm

And some background info on the B-47

www.vectorsite.net/avb47.html

www.vectorsite.net/indexav.html

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

-> FS2004