Pic's of my dad's birthday present that i got him... :)
-> Officer's Club

#1: Pic's of my dad's birthday present that i got him... :) Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:17 pm
    ----

section A is just to the right of the paddoxx
aren't the best seats but I might pawn em off later if i can snipe some seats that are in the North Vista
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...T&rd=1 Cool

#2: Re: Pic's of my dad's birthday present that i got him... :) Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:50 pm
    ----
Cool!!!!!!!!

Got a friend in Indianapolis that goes whenever he can, digs it. Your Dad's a lucky dude, way to go!!!

#3: Re: Pic's of my dad's birthday present that i got him... :) Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:53 am
    ----
Needa, I'm your real Dad.
I'm sorry I put you up for adoption when you were still just a NeedaCarBadly.
Had my reasons.
Can I come?
Wink

Have you followed the Europe races? We've had some belters here and it's shaping up to be real good by the time it gets over to you guys. If you need any info gimme a shout. I've followed F1 since '79 when I used to organise the shipping for the teams (before the F.I.A. took over). Most of them were based over here in those days and used to return between each race. I used to meet up with some guy called Bernie Ecclestone ( Wink ) before he became the Overlord of F1. I'm on the doorstep of McLaren Racing's HQ (although it was accidental as they moved in after me).

#4: Re: Pic's of my dad's birthday present that i got him... :) Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:14 pm
    ----
I catch the European races every now and then, my dad whatches them religiously. He tapes all of the races if he can't catch them when they air. I only watch 'em if they happen to be on tv at like 1am when im not doing anything..

#5: Re: Pic's of my dad's birthday present that i got him... :) Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:12 pm
    ----
Hi guys,

I've loved watching F1 racing since I was a kid, but it's tough to follow from here in the states. Races are on at odd hours, and may be broadcast days after the actual event. They are frequently feeds from non-English speaking networks with English overdubbing after the race, which takes away some of the immediacy and excitement. (Once you are used to the very dynamic way NASCAR events are broadcast here, it's tough to get excited about that type of F1 broadcast.)

Additionally, unless someone dies, there is little mention of F1 results, standings, or changes on most US networks. You have to dig for info, and sort it out yourself. While I love F1, I just don't have time to do that.

Too bad, really. F1 is pretty exciting, when you know what is going on.

C

#6: Re: Pic's of my dad's birthday present that i got him... :) Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:20 pm
    ----
These should help you guys.
THIS is the 'official' F1 website.

But over here the contract for terrestrial coverage is provided by the I.T.V. network and THIS is their site which, IMO, is better than the official one.

Internally F1 is very political and secretive. ITV gives you much more info and some of their presenters are ex-drivers. Shame you missed the BBC coverage of old. F1 was almsot single-handedly created by a guy called Murray Walker. BBC commentator extroadinaire. He's now Honda's public liaison officer. F1 would still be big but, if it weren't for him, I don't think it would have grown as big as quickly here.

It's Monaco this weekend. This can be a bit of a parade sometimes as the track is very narrow and tricky to overtake. But it's the best of the season and the new qualifying should be interesting around there on Saturday.
Wink

-> Officer's Club