Flying Lingle!
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Flying Lingle! Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:59 am
    ----

#2: Re: Flying Lingle! Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:20 pm
    ----
Hi Mark! Hi Folks!

NOW THAT's WHAT I WOULD CALL AIR CAV!!!!!!!!

Interesting CH-54. Looks like civilain markings rather than Army. From the looks of the car in the back ground, I wonder if that photo is around the time the CH-54 was new?

Thanks Mark!
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#3: Re: Flying Lingle! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:10 pm
    ----
If you squint, you can almost see Roy in there like an armored version of the late Scott Crossfield waiting to be dropped like an X-15 from a B-52 mothership....

#4: Re: Flying Lingle! Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:35 pm
    ----
Good thought Roy. Maybe this photo is when the Army was testing the aircraft.

Interesting quote:

I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones.
A. Einstein

#5: Re: Flying Lingle! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:26 pm
    ----
I just googled 'Aircraft Registration N325Y '(the registration is visible in the photo) and a reference says it is the first S-64

-> AFV News Discussion Board