Tread Heads Rule!
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Tread Heads Rule! Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:29 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

Not sure if this is a good thing or not. It looks like we all here at the new AFV News forum, have over ran all the other Forums here at Com-Central.

As of about 05:25 MDS time the count was:

634 Topics with 5340 posts. The nearest forum, Officer's Club, had
630 Topics with 4945 posts.

Membership at Com-Central has went way over 1,000 and looks like it is still climbing.

Thanks to all for all the hard work for letting me have some much fun.
Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#2: Re: Tread Heads Rule! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:02 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Folks!

Not sure if this is a good thing or not. It looks like we all here at the new AFV News forum, have over ran all the other Forums here at Com-Central.

As of about 05:25 MDS time the count was:

634 Topics with 5340 posts. The nearest forum, Officer's Club, had
630 Topics with 4945 posts.

Membership at Com-Central has went way over 1,000 and looks like it is still climbing.

Thanks to all for all the hard work for letting me have some much fun.
Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

Roy,
I don't know if treadheads rule, but certainly are a windy bunch.

...and yeah, it was noted that we are now working toward 2,000 members! (It was about 450 in mid-January) Some of that growth is from favorable mention in some other flight sim arenas, too, but I think we can safely claim a good 400 members and maybe more.

#3: Re: Tread Heads Rule! Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:42 pm
    ----
After spending the better part of two decades using my body to plug the hole in the turret roof, I'm glad I stick to posting and not climbing up and down the tanks.

#4: Re: Tread Heads Rule! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:54 am
    ----
Is it just a coincidence that about 12 hours after this thread started that some of us started having trouble getting into Com Central??

Was it a not so subtle (At least they know that you can't be subtle with folks who enjoy dealing with 60 ton toys) hint that we are here with their forbearance?

one wonders

#5: Re: Tread Heads Rule! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:04 pm
    ----
Hi bsmart,

There where some php coding problems, as far as we can establish they are solved now.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

Uhu_Fledermaus
Site Admininstrator

#6: Re: Tread Heads Rule! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:12 pm
    ----
No apology needed, There were a few moments of panic when I couldn't get my early morning 'Fix' but I thought it may have been my local corporate firewall folks tightening some screws again. Last noight at home I noticed it when I was setting up a new box in my basement and figured it was a stupid initialization error but was too tired to fight it. But starting the day without feeding my addiction. that was tough.

I do appreciate the efforts, and being a system mangler myself understand the effort it takes

#7: Re: Tread Heads Rule! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:14 pm
    ----
'Panic in Needle Park!' Laughing

#8: Re: Tread Heads Rule! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:19 pm
    ----
- bsmart
Is it just a coincidence that about 12 hours after this thread started that some of us started having trouble getting into Com Central??

Was it a not so subtle (At least they know that you can't be subtle with folks who enjoy dealing with 60 ton toys) hint that we are here with their forbearance?

one wonders

Bob,
Coincidentally enough, last night a very surly and unsympathetic Guido and Luca stopped by and shook me down for every penny I had on me....muttering something about how generous weekly donations to a shadowy figure named "Bushwhacker" could prevent any more serious reoccurrance. I didn't catch everything they said because the 5 gallon gasoline can and baseball bat were distracting me....

#9: Re: Tread Heads Rule! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:24 pm
    ----
Have any of my paniced screams gotten to you through other channels?

As the old song says 'You never know what you've got till it's gone' (But in our case Paradise is a parking lot full of Lingles, and Strykers and Panthers, oh my!)

#10: Re: Tread Heads Rule! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:28 pm
    ----
- bsmart
Have any of my paniced screams gotten to you through other channels?

Flash traffic on the old forum and email! My wife called a while ago and said someone delivered a Candygram for me, but I figured that wasn't you...

#11: Re: Tread Heads Rule! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:39 pm
    ----
I hadn't thought about a candygram (but if I had I may have tried it :-))

Was I the only one going through withdrawal?

#12: Re: Tread Heads Rule! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:48 pm
    ----
Tanklord preceded your post on the old board, but yours was the only email.

(Then again, I sent two myself )

#13: Re: Tread Heads Rule! Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:44 pm
    ----
I was going into big time withdrawal symptoms, plus I thought I was the one that broke it. I was getting ready to call for some trauma counseling! Sad Confused

#14: Re: Lack of AFV New fix! Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:04 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

To Bob,
NO you were not the only one needing a fix. Crying or Very sad
Sense I work the mid-night shift, this site helps pass the night.
Not being able to take my mind off the troubles of the southern border by visiting this site made for a long and sad night. Evil or Very Mad

To Doug and all others who helped fix the problem, many thanks for your fast responce.

Tonight should be a good night.
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#15: Re: Lack of AFV New fix! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:58 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
To Doug and all others who helped fix the problem, many thanks for your fast responce.

Tonight should be a good night.
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

Doug takes no credit for fixing nuthin'....that's all the site admin's doin'...I was Jonesing like everybody else...

-> AFV News Discussion Board