New (To Me) Web Site
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: New (To Me) Web Site Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:47 pm
    ----
I just ran across a web site: Cavalry Scouts.Com
Looks like it might be worth exploring.

www.cavalryscouts.com/.../index.php

#2: Re: New (To Me) Web Site Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:56 pm
    ----
(cue George C. Scott voice):

"AN ENTIRE THREAD OF M113 STORIES AND I'M LEFT OUT OF IT!?....God will not permit this to happen!"

#3: Re: New (To Me) Web Site Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:14 am
    ----
Hi Mark! Hi Folks!

Interesting! Thanks for the link. I see you signed up under your old Tumbling, tumbleweed call sign.

AFV News takes up most of my free time, but I figure I will give them a try for a bit. Signed up under my "Sgt, Scouts Out!" sense no one else was already using something like that.

Read a number of the threads. Reminded me of the type of posts I saw at Military.com some time back. Didn't care for a lot of what I read there, so never joined in with that group.

Most of those folks are way after my time and that's makes me feed old.

OP operational, listing silence for now.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

Last edited by Roy_A_Lingle on Mon May 29, 2006 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: New (To Me) Web Site Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:00 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Mark! Hi Folks!

Read a number of the threads. Reminded me of the type of posts I saw at Military.com some time back. Didn't care for a lot of what I read there, so never joined in with that group.

Most of those folks are way after my time and that's makes me feed old.

OP operational, listing silence for now.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

I know exactly what you mean, in both regards....and haven't signed up. Full platter and all that....

#5: Re: M113 stories! ???? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:32 am
    ----
Hi Doug! Hi Folks!

- Doug_Kibbey
"AN ENTIRE THREAD OF M113 STORIES AND I'M LEFT OUT OF IT!?....God will not permit this to happen!"

Odd thread. Did you have time to read it?

I found it very interesting to learn from that site that the M113 had been replaced by the M114. ????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised

OP operational, on radio silence for now.
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#6: Re: M113 stories! ???? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:41 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Doug! Hi Folks!

- Doug_Kibbey

Odd thread. Did you have time to read it?

I found it very interesting to learn from that site that the M113 had been replaced by the M114. ????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised

OP operational, on radio silence for now.
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

Not really, just glanced at it when I saw such a post existed. I was just jokin' anyway...there is (mercifully) much less....mmm.....posturing over here anyway, and I prefer it that way.

#7: Re: New (To Me) Web Site Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:23 pm
    ----
Lotta testosterone and posing over there...I don't have time to pick out the wheat from the chaff. Too bad.

C

-> AFV News Discussion Board