Global Flyer gettin' close!
-> Officer's Club

#1: Global Flyer gettin' close! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:01 pm
    ----
Shoulda put this up a while back....home page of the Global Flyer project, showing current status & such....nto much longer to go, and gettin' to be a prety busy website!

www.globalflyer.com/Home/index.jsp

#2: Re: Global Flyer gettin' close! Author: JG300-HolmesLocation: Straight Outta Jersey PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:38 pm
    ----
yea i've been half following it too, or well reading about it's postponed launches in the AVweb i get twice a week

i thought it was interesting how they were "missing" a good 2600 gallons of fuel towards the beggining but then realised that there was no leak and now with some extra tailwind help they might still make it fine

should be cool to see, the pilot has already aparently gone the furthest "distance without landing"

but yea good idea to post it for sure i still keep forgetting it's up there myself

~S~

#3: Re: Global Flyer gettin' close! Author: JG300-HolmesLocation: Straight Outta Jersey PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:14 pm
    ----
and it looks like he landed...that's definitely a long flight though, not the record i'd want personally, but definitely congrats to him for the around 80 hours he was up there

~S~

-> Officer's Club