MIG Alert at 4SD!?!?!
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: MIG Alert at 4SD!?!?! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:28 pm
    ----
OK, we need some aircraft ID's here.....looks like a possible Russkie / Commie invasion!!!

Tooling around in Google Earth, looking at Stead Field (4SD) just north of Reno, Nevada, look what shows up out on the flightline at the south end of the airport!

I thought they were F-86's at first, and maybe the very top one is (look at the wings and slightly wider fuselage)...but the middle plane sure looks like a Mig-17, and the second, fourth and fifth plane (from top to bottom) look like they very well could be Mig-15's judging from the size and location of the horizontal stabilizers. Or do I have my F-86 and Mig-15 identification skills mixed up?

Opinions? Should we call Reno 911??

#2: Re: MIG Alert at 4SD!?!?! Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:48 am
    ----
Sure looks like the Mig-15 from here! Hell, there is a Mig-17 visible from I-5 here in WA at a boat store of all places! Nothing surprises me anymore.

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum