Out on Video!
-> Officer's Club

#1: Out on Video! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:18 pm
    ----
"Flight of the Phoenix" on DVD!

Nahhh...not the re-make with Dennis Quaid, embellishments about drug runners, special F/X and all that jive...I'm talkin' the original with Jimmy Stewart, Richard Attenborough, George Kennedy, Ernest Brognine, etc....GREAT flick, wifey went and got it for me today!

#2: Re: Out on Video! Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:41 pm
    ----
On the subject of video's may I also recommend one????,,,,I remember the day there wasnt a hooror flick out there that truly gave me the heebeejeebees,,,,,most are just fun for the visual effects and stuff,,,,,I remember when ..."The Ring" came out it was supposed to be the most frightening flick ever and all that,,,,,didnt bother me a bit!!!,,,,,,,maybe its just that I'm getting older? I dunno but I just bought the new one,,,,,"The Grudge",,,with sarah-michelle gellar,,,,,,,and holy man,,,,,that one got the better of me for sure!!!,,,,,even when you knew something was about to pop out it still sent a shiver up my spine when it did,,,,and yes,,,,even the odd little hop off the couch once or twice...I am still having these damned flashbacks even 2 days later Shocked ...very freaky flick for sure!!!!!,,,I think I'm gonna stick to my action/adventure, Drama, and just overall good blockbuster flicks for now,,,,,,well,,,,until "Saw" comes out anyways......

but for those who havent seen the grudge,,,,,,WATCH IT,,,,I think its just nuts!!!!!,,,,

on another note stoop,,,,,as relating to movies,,,have you ever seen,,,"the edge",,,with anthony hopkins?,,,just wondering,,,,,cause if you have,,,,watch it again and pay good attention to the scenery,,,,,was filmed in and around my home town,,,,,Golden

#3: Re: Out on Video! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:48 pm
    ----
Naaaw, Hoppa, never was into horror movies too much, thought this one was relevant because of the great aviation-related stuff in it - not to mention excellent acting, characters, storyline. Jimmy Stewart's a great lead in this movie too what with his actual aviation experience in WWII. Makes for a very believable character.

I enjoy a particularly scary move once in a great while but I like ones that delve into the semi-believable area and/or leave a lot to the imagination - your own mind can scare you far more than any movie director. I mean, look at any film by David Lynch and try not to get all creeped out. And there's a particular topic that scares the absolute beejezus out of me (that I won't go into here) and occasionally I like to challenge myself to deal with it by watching a particular movie or show in that general category. But, with a youngster in the house that likes to watch movies with me, there ain't no way I can put on a movie like the Grudge - unless the whole family wants to sleep in the same bed afterwards! Bad enough with the dog hoggin' the blankets and farting all night.....:D

#4: Re: Out on Video! Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:45 am
    ----
lol,,,,,,,,understood,,,,,,,just thought I'd bring it up cause damn,,,it sure affected me in some unexpected ways,,,,,,,,
I brought up the movie, the edge,,,,cause of the scenery aspect,,,so you could get a true glimpse of the B.C. rockies in my home town area,,,all the footage taken in that movie was in and around a 1 hour flight just northeast of golden,,,,and there is also a helluva airplane crash too...........A beaver to be exact,,,,,,may give you a new outlook on bush flying eh!!!!!,,,lol,,,,I think it may be alright for a younger teen to watch,,but then again,,,I'm not a dad so.....,the worst part is one guy getttin' ,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,,,chomped on by a grizzly......

#5: Re: Out on Video! Author: IMS_Dakota PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:15 am
    ----
I had trouble taking the grudge seriously... take a good look at the thing with the hair.. tell me it doesn't remind you of Michael Jackson...

#6: Re: Out on Video! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:31 am
    ----
WHOA! Now THAT'S Freakin' SPOOKY!!!!!! And my kid'll get all creeped-out for days I'm sure!

#7: Re: Out on Video! Author: JG300-LurpsLocation: In back of the sty .... sighting in my Luger .... PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:10 pm
    ----

RGR that Stoopy ... the original " Flight of the Phoenix" was
awesome and I watch it every time it comes up on something like
Turner Classic Movies or AMC ....
One classic I've seen a dozen times and still will sit and watch when
it's on .... " The Sand Pebbles" starring Steve McQueen, Richard Attenborough,
and Candice Bergen .... man what a great story line !
I'm an old sailor and collect antique military firearms ..... how cool
it is to see those guys luggin around 1903 Springfields and Browning
Automatic Rifles ( BAR ) ... Mr. Green Sometimes I'll sit there
and just have one of my 1903 Springfields ( I own three ) next
to me ( yes ... unloaded ... sry no Darwin award yet ... ) while I'm
a-watchin' the show .... Mr. Green Mr. Green ( no I'm not crazy ...
yet ...LOL .... I'll worry about that when I start listening to
those voices in my head that tell me it's time to clean my guns ....) Cool

If you've never seen it ..... I highly reccomend it !

#8: Re: Out on Video! Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:52 am
    ----
LOL! Just after the original post was made, I found a video tape copy that I made of the original "Flight of the Phoenix" movie with Jimmy Stewart, and I had to watch it. With the computer in the shop, It's the next best thing to keep me from going stark raving bonkers about flying. I miss it so, as it's been since before Christmas that the system has been down. Soon though.

Clear skys all!!

#9: Re: Out on Video! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:01 am
    ----
LOL.....is this a great movie or what? Plenty in it having to do with aviation, human interaction (relates to squad types too there I think)....and the part where they find out the aircraft designer's "real" occupation is too cool huh?

The DVD is colorized....or at least, I seem to remember the original was in black & white, right?

-> Officer's Club