PAM-- Iraqi M4-- Doug you take pics of?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: PAM-- Iraqi M4-- Doug you take pics of? Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:32 am
    ----
hello doug,
did you happen to take any pictures of the Iraqi M4?

shawn

#2: Re: PAM-- Iraqi M4-- Doug you take pics of? Author: Burik PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:58 am
    ----
Now that would be a cool diorama with some sort of OIF vehicle and/or US infantry going by it and looking at it as if it appeared from another time. It would take a lot of work to get a model to look like that Sherman, especially the painting techniques involved. Are there any other photos like this?

Bob

#3: Re: PAM-- Iraqi M4-- Doug you take pics of? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:03 am
    ----
Shawn
Doug took a bunch a couple of days before. I have a bunch on hand when it first arrived here.

Bob
My best source had it being first encountered 'hiding' under an overpass. Perhaps a better idea for a diorama?

Don

#4: Re: PAM-- Iraqi M4-- Doug you take pics of? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:03 am
    ----
Here's some pics I took last year.

Neil

#5: Re: PAM-- Iraqi M4-- Doug you take pics of? Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:11 am
    ----
cool, thank you.
neil or don, you have any pics of the engine deck and the rear of the vehicle?

so how does it look inside?

shawn

#6: Re: PAM-- Iraqi M4-- Doug you take pics of? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:59 pm
    ----
Shawn,
I took one, but Neils are better...and Im in Brasil on my way to Argentina...gotta dash!

D.

#7: Re: PAM-- Iraqi M4-- Doug you take pics of? Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:57 am
    ----
Shawn,
I took a bunch of photo's of it inside and out, when I found it between Camp New York and New Jersey. Had it moved to my hard target lot at Camp Udari (Buering) so the Bedouins wouldn't cut it up. I left before they could ship it home. Glad it was saved. Mr. Lemons from Fort Knox should have a disc I sent him with all the pictures I took to include the HET crew that moved it for me. Some still show the Iranian roundel and the T-55 track that was on one side. Wonder what happened to the other track? It was the correct type on the other side and was still on it at Buering. Maybe Dontos can help you out. I am in no position to help.

Joe D

-> AFV News Discussion Board