New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#106: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:47 am
    ----
In fact, Dunkelgelb - non-standart color. Right now we are prepare PzKpfw II Ausf.F to total repaint, and he have one color, almost same than Munster and Koblenz tanks. Another exhibit, SdKfz 251/9 Ausf.D, have different Dunkelgelb, more pink. Same color have internal parts of Panzer Ausf.G and PzKpfw IV Ausf.G.

#107: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:09 am
    ----
UPDATE 30NOV08

I've updated my site with the following new pics:

98 pics of a 90mm Self-Propelled Gun M56 "Scorpion"

and

112 pics of a 6x6 10-ton Tractor Truck M123A1C

Enjoy!

#108: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:54 am
    ----
UPDATE 11DEC08
6 new pics of the Littlefield Panther

#109: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:26 am
    ----
Chris, nice pics and thank you for posting

#110: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:11 pm
    ----
Just a little plug here, I just acquired the Stug III photo CD (for a project of mine) from Chris and I was blown away at the overall detail and professional presentation of this product.

Much better than what I was expecting and I can't wait to need more.

#111: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:01 am
    ----
UPDATE 23DEC08
Hello everyone,
I've updated my site with the following new pics:

14 pics of a Valentine Mk III
31 pics of an unrestored M3A4 Lee
29 pics of M4A3E2 "Cobra King"
and
4 pics of the Littlefield M4A3E2 Jumbo restoration

#112: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:59 am
    ----
Chris,

following the Sherman Jumbo restoration page 2, you published a page showing the M4A4T belonging to Claude Winling :

M4A4T Sherman

If you are interested, I have recent photos of this tank published here :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Tanks_in_France/sherman_claudewinling/index.html

Let me know if you would like to get the original pictures, in order to update this page with recent photos..
There are only little visible changes outside, but it took us 3 months to change all the running gear/roadwheels...
We are now working on the engine, a Continental R-975 C4 will be restored to make the Sherman run :

Continental engine

Pierre-Olivier

#113: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:29 pm
    ----
What is an M4A4T? an M4A4 is the version with a Chrysler multibank engine but what is the T at the end for? and why the Continental engine that would be applicable to an M4 or an M4A1.

Is the M4A4T a way of designatingan M4A4 that has had the original engine replaced with a Continental? Does that change have any basis in official record keeping? Confused

Inquiring minds want to know Confused Rolling Eyes Confused Confused

#114: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:54 pm
    ----
bsmart, it was a French Army version (T for Transformé). It's an interesting restoration.

#115: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:01 pm
    ----
yes, the French Army got a lot of M4A4 from the US Army in 1944-45, and that was a real mess to repair the Multibank.

As the French Army wanted to keep the M4A4 in service after the war, they replaced the Multibank with the Continental, which was available in great numbers and easier to repair.

That made the M4A4 to become the M4A4T (T for transformé), with some improvements like the new engine and some other modifications (radios I think, lights etc..). The modifications were done in the 50s or so.. (the 2 Continental engines have plates which indicates maintenance repairs done in 1951).

Quote from "Chars français" website :
"The French A4s :
In the French Army, the M4A4 served with the following units : 1st and 2nd Cuirassiers Regiments, 1st and 2nd Chasseurs d'Afrique Regiments.
After the war, the surviving A4s were modified at the Rueil Arsenal in 1952, getting new Continental R975 C1 engines and the designation M4A4T."

translated from :
http://www.chars-francais.net/new/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=669&Itemid=36

P-O

#116: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:07 pm
    ----
Interesting. With the extra space in the engine bay from the longer hull I imagine it was even easier to work on.

Since most of the M4A4s that went to Europe went to Commonwealth units they were probably all equipped with British standard radios so it would make sense to change those over to the American radios that were in the vehicles that the French units supplied by the U.S. Army had when they were converting the powerplant

#117: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:00 am
    ----
UPDATE 5JAN09

25 pics of a Skoda 7.5cm M.15 L/15 mountain gun
87 pics of a 8-inch Howitzer M1/M115
121 pics of a M88
and
26 pics of a V-100 Commando

Enjoy!

#118: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:01 am
    ----
UPDATE 27JAN09

19 new pics of an Achilles IIC

74 pics of a M26A1 Soft Cab

and

7 new pics of Jacques Littlefield's Panther Ausf. A restoration

Enjoy!

#119: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: west-frontLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:24 am
    ----
long admired your photos and website Chris, thanks for sharing it.

#120: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:01 pm
    ----
What a sight!

The Littlefield Panther, the only panther runner in North America. Magnificent and also heartbreaking in the sense that Jacques didn't see it completed.

I've heard that the Panther II at the Patton Museum was a runner once, when was that and how much would it take to get it road worthy again?

The ex. Borden Panther now at CWM was supposed to be restored as a runner but isn't, what was the story behind that?

IMO the more Panther runners the better, you can never have enough Panthers!

-> AFV News Discussion Board