Bovington Tank Museum pics... Some ID Help Needed
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Some Bovington Tank Museum pics... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:06 pm
    ----
- buglerbilly
Neill,

You going To Eurosatory 2006 whilst in France, which starts today, Monday 12th June?

Why yes actually I will Wink - starts tomorrow Monday June 12 that is... I will have pics... Are you in town for it by chance?

In fact, since photobucket now supports video hosting, I may also have some videos of the demos...

But I cant promise how soon I will have time to take & upload pics/videos though...

Neil

#32: Re: Some Bovington Tank Museum pics... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:03 pm
    ----
Some 1930s British tanks:

A9 Cruiser Mk I

A10 Cruiser Mk IIACS

A11 Matilda I

A13 Cruiser Mk III: This is a Christie design, note the suspension in the last picture.

Neil

#33: Re: Some Bovington Tank Museum pics... Author: buglerbilly PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:59 pm
    ----
Neill,

You going ro Eurosatory 2006 whilst in France, which starts today, Monday 12th June?

Regards,

BUG

#34: Re: Some Bovington pics... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:31 pm
    ----
Nah, sorry - I think the same rule applies to this thread as your website updates. Similar to the way I started putting all my images in one post instead of one per post on the old board - otherwise this board will be full of Bovington pic threads by the time I am done...

neil

#35: Re: Some Bovington pics... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:14 pm
    ----
- buglerbilly
Allow me to say Neil, superb images as usual

Just a pity the thread takes forever to load....

Neill? new topic for each set of images?

Cool

#36: Re: Some Bovington pics... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:00 pm
    ----
- challenger
Neil Glad you had a good trip, take it they were not helpful in letting you into the reserve collection?

Nah, unfortunately I wasnt able to set it up soon enough. Apparently they're very busy getting ready for TankFest on the 25th & 26th. Next time I guess...

Neil

#37: Re: Some Bovington pics... Author: challenger PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:00 am
    ----
Neil Glad you had a good trip, take it they were not helpful in letting you into the reserve collection?

#38: Re: Some Bovington pics... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:34 am
    ----
No problem. I also got some decent pics at the Royal Artillery Museum at Woolwich yesterday.

My favorite was definately "Green Mace":
www.skomer.u-net.com/p...enmace.htm

The SP70 was also pretty cool, and it was interesting to see an M44 with the screen intact & up.

Neil

#39: Re: Some Bovington pics... Author: buglerbilly PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:23 am
    ----
Allow me to say Neil, superb images as usual.............. Wink

Regards,

BUG

#40: Re: Some Bovington pics... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:50 pm
    ----
Thats all for now... I have to get some sleep and head to Paris tomorrow...

Neil

#41: Re: Some Bovington pics... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:48 pm
    ----
One of my favorites, the A1E1 Independent

Vickers Mk E export tank

Vickers-Armstrong Commercial tank (and the Mk E to the left)

Neil

#42: Re: Some Bovington pics... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:33 pm
    ----
Carden-Lloyd carrier

Vickers D3E1 wheel-cum-track tank

L1E3 amphibious tank

Mk II medium tank. The Ordnance Museum CD guide claims their Mk IIA "believed to be the only remaining example equipped with a 3-pounder gun (most had 2-pounders)." However, I cant find any reference to Mk IIs with 2-pounders, and this one appears to have a 3-pounder. Besides which, the APG Mk IIA isnt currently equipped with any gun... Hmm...

Neil

#43: Re: Some Bovington pics... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:27 pm
    ----
Some early armored cars:

Crossley Mk I

Crossley-Chevrolet

Peerless

Lanchester

Neil

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

#44: Re: Some Bovington pics... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:22 pm
    ----
Moving into the interwar period, here's a Mk IIA.

Neil

#45: Re: Some Bovington pics... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:14 pm
    ----
A Mk A Whippet known as "Caesar" - one of two in the world, the other is at the Ordnance Museum at APG. A Birtish Army Lieutenant won a VC posthumously in this tank.

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board