Something odd going on here....
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Something odd going on here.... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:08 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

Found this Bradley over at the US Army Images site. I found the capton interesting. The vehicle belongs to the 1092nd Tac Psy Ops Tm of the 155th BCT. Psy Ops? OK, they get shot too. You can make out the bumper markings in the enlarged photo over at Army Images. Looks like 2-1 Cav on the left and H34 on the right. Still OK, lots of mix and matching going on with the war.

The odd thing. Shocked What is that thing in the end of the 25mm gun barrel? Neutral

Odd Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#2: Re: Something odd going on here.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:39 pm
    ----
Roy,
Got a direct link for a better look?

Almost looks like a roll of tape that's been left hanging...dust control, maybe?

#3: Re: Something odd going on here.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:53 am
    ----
Roy

That is a muzzle dust cover(of sorts). Its light weight plastic that inserts in the muzzle to keep dust out of the tube.

Its able to be shot off if the need arises.

Don

#4: Re: Something odd going on here.... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:39 pm
    ----
Hi Doug! Hi Folks!

- Doug_Kibbey
Roy,
Got a direct link for a better look?

Almost looks like a roll of tape that's been left hanging...dust control, maybe?

Here is the direct link to the Army Images site.

www4.army.mil/OCPA/upl...104328.jpg

Roll of duck tape? At least you were thinking military. When I first noticed it, I though it looked like a TV remote control suffed into the flash suppresser. I guess I have been laying on the couch to much.

Thanks Don for putting my mine back on track. Dust plug makes sense now that you have my mine back on the right track. If a Bradley crew is using a dust plug, must mean that they are not firing the cannon very much and dust build up inside the barrel has become a headache for them.

Learned something new today!
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

-> AFV News Discussion Board