Location of Camp Borden Staghound?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Location of Camp Borden Staghound? Author: Scott_TaylorLocation: London, Ontario PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:16 pm
    ----
Hello:

The last time I was at CFB Borden, I noted the changed locations of many vehicles (and made a map to show them). However, I failed to note the location of their Staghound armoured car, and don't have any memory of seeing it. Could anybody provide me with the location of the Staghound? A street location on the base would be ideal. I'm going to Borden on Friday and would really like to photograph that vehicle.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Taylor
Thachweave Products
thachweave.tripod.com

#2: Re: Location of Camp Borden Staghound? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:01 pm
    ----
You sure it didnt wind up at the Canadian War Museum? They have a Staghound, have for a few years now:

Neil

#3: Different One Author: Scott_TaylorLocation: London, Ontario PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:34 pm
    ----
Hi Neil:

No, I"m pretty sure that is a different one. The Borden one was definitely there as recently as April 2004, and it was on outside display, so it would have taken some work to get up to the standard of the CWM one. I'll be off to see that one later in the summer, though.

Thanks,

Scott

#4: Re: Location of Camp Borden Staghound? Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:46 pm
    ----
I think the CWM Stag is a recent arrival (within 5 yrs) as part of a trade to Australia. It has been years since I spent any time at CFB Boredom, so I don't know to suggest.

-> AFV News Discussion Board