Some pics from the Royal Artillery Museum (Woolwich)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Some pics from the Royal Artillery Museum (Woolwich) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:25 pm
    ----
Okay, its not technically an AFV. Its not self-propelled, and it probably aint armored - but I think its definately pretty "cool" looking:

Green Mace - a 102mm Anti-Aircraft Gun with 14-round ammo drums...

FV4011 Centurion Mk V AOP

Sexton

M40

M44 - kinda neat to see one with the cover still on it.

M107

FV433 Abbot

SP70

AS90 - BTW, I know the export version is called "Braveheart," but how come it never got a clerical name like Priest, Sexton, Abbot, etc? Became to inpolitically correct?

FV610A Saracen Command Post

Neil

#2: Re: Some pics from the Royal Artillery Museum (Woolwich) Author: clausb PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:15 am
    ----
Niel,

I assume these pictures are from the gunnery hall, next to the Firepower museum with the cinema etc.?

It was closed off when I visited the museum a few years back - quite a bummer after travelling with the bus for ages through parts of London I'd never even knew existed. Wink

Claus B

#3: Re: Some pics from the Royal Artillery Museum (Woolwich) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:41 pm
    ----
The pictures are from inside the museum itself, as well as a Cold War exhibition across the walk (not quite a road).

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board