Bullets Big Day!
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Bullets Big Day! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:12 pm
    ----
Yesterday I was at the office thinking what I had to do this weekend.......Chores........The extra jobs............what to do about this and that and the phone rang. It was one of the guys in my other squadron (C.A.F.) and he invited me to fly up to Hobbs, NM to a Fly-in Breakfast at the C.A.F. hanger there. Wellllllllllllllll let me think........Heck yes I'll go. Now remember I had already scheduled to do a Citizens on Patrol Friday night till 4am Saturday morning...........Lucky my wife was my partner for the patrol so we quit at 2am....got home a 2:45 and got up at 6:30 and didn't sleep too much either.. anticipation you know. Made it out to Schleymeyer (Ector County) airport at 7:30 Met Ray and got the bird out of the hanger (Cherokee 180). did the preflight.....Taxied out to the active added power and ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh The feel of air between you and the ground......Feels good, right Exos!! Climbed up to 6500' nice smooth air and cruised to Hobbs. About 40 minutes in the air. Nice I tell ya.. Landed had a great Breakfast. Nothing like eating breakfast surrounded by a Beech 18, 2 Stearmans. a PT-19 and I think a L-19...
There were lots of private aircraft and some of the planes from the High Sky Wing (Midland) came over AT-6 PT-19 and a Fairchild J2K. They even had some old cars there Including a 1965 Chevy Impala 327 2dr (like my very first car except mine had a 4 speed) Smile
Anyway I got full of food and plenty of eye candy so it was time to go. We took off and Ray said "your turn" Welllllllll HECK YEAH!!! Now guys remember I love to fly and it's been over 25 years since I have done it.. you know in control........Climb to 5500 course 120 (sounded like Turkey LOL) So I did. Took me a little time to get the feel.. get the trim right, but not to long. steady at 5500 course 120 A little choppy because of the daytime heating.......but was able to maintain course and hold altitude within 50' Not to bad I thought. Flew all the way back entered the pattern for runway 16 and Ray took over for the landing..As we taxied in he said I had a "good touch" WOW! How about that. So I'll be on cloud nine for a few days. Dang I can't seem to quit smiling:)

#2: Re: Bullets Big Day! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:31 pm
    ----
Awesome!!!!! Sounds like a GREAT time (there'll be pictures I hope??)

Cool cars, planes, flight....man that's excellent. And time behind the controls too...way to go!!!!

Time to dust off the old logbook maybe??

#3: Re: Bullets Big Day! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:18 pm
    ----
WOW Bullet! What a great day! Thanks for sharing the story!!!

#4: Re: Bullets Big Day! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:12 am
    ----
My pleasure Bush. Sorry about the pics but in all the excitement I forgot the camera. Still smiling though!!

#5: Re: Bullets Big Day! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:56 am
    ----
Way cool 1_Bullit !

please don't stop sharing your exploits, great read and also slightly green of envi Wink

fled
Cool

#6: Re: Bullets Big Day! Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:31 pm
    ----
I know the feeling, you know, about "can't stop smiling"...:)

Good for you Bullet!

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum