New eBay scammer: "uk-bears"
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: New eBay scammer: "uk-bears" Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:56 am
    ----
Hello everyone,
Doug, if you feel this post doesn't belong here, go ahead and pull it.

I just found that an eBay seller who goes by "uk-bears" is selling unauthorized copies of my photo reference CD's in his store. I have already reported this seller to eBay and have contacted the seller requesting that they cease selling the unauthorized copies.

If any members of the AFV News DB come across listings by "uk-bears" please do not buy any of the following CD's from him:
T-34/76 & T-34/85 Cd-rom
M4A2 & M4A3 Sherman Cd-rom
Sturmgeschutz III Cd-rom
German World War II Anti-Tank Guns Cd-rom
A34 Comet Cd-rom

Thanks for your support,

#2: Re: New eBay scammer: "uk-bears" Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:37 am
    ----
Chris we all want to know about these scams, thanks to people like you we all benefit with your brilliant photos

Dennis

#3: Re: New eBay scammer: "uk-bears" Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:08 am
    ----
I support what Dennis said, as I'm sure we all do. I'm also familiar with unauthorized use of material and this behavior is inexcusable. Good luck in your getting redress, Chris.

#4: Re: New eBay scammer: "uk-bears" Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:15 am
    ----
- toadmanstankpictures
Hello everyone,
Doug, if you feel this post doesn't belong here, go ahead and pull it.

I just found that an eBay seller who goes by "uk-bears" is selling unauthorized copies of my photo reference CD's in his store. I have already reported this seller to eBay and have contacted the seller requesting that they cease selling the unauthorized copies.

If any members of the AFV News DB come across listings by "uk-bears" please do not buy any of the following CD's from him:
T-34/76 & T-34/85 Cd-rom
M4A2 & M4A3 Sherman Cd-rom
Sturmgeschutz III Cd-rom
German World War II Anti-Tank Guns Cd-rom
A34 Comet Cd-rom

Thanks for your support,

Well if he has pirated those from you I wouldn't be surprised if any others he has are pirated from other folks. I would suggest avaoiding him completely except to curse his hard drive with innumerable bad sectors
[This is not to suggest that anyone do anything malicious to his machine but to invoke the wrath of the computer gods upon him Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ]

#5: Re: New eBay scammer: "uk-bears" Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:45 pm
    ----
Good news! "Uk-bears" has voluntarily removed the auctions along with an offer of compensation. Smile Hopefully, this will be the last time I have to deal with him. However, I will keep watching!!

My thanks to Dennis, Doug, and Bob for their support here along with many others who contacted me off board. I really appreciate it!

Thanks again to everyone

#6: Re: New eBay scammer: "uk-bears" Author: buglerbilly PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:45 pm
    ----
Actually, this brings up a good point.

IF I want to reproduce one of the images from here, from one of the members, elsewhere is that deemed acceptable.

I'm talking about reproduction to illustrate a particular discussion on another board, in my case an Australian/NZ orientated one, NOT reproduction for commercial preparation and issue of a magazine article for example; in the latter case I would expect permission be sought and recompense be offered.

I'd appreciate guidance here, being a terrible "magpie" of images to illustrate discussion.

Whatever conclusion is reached, Iwould unquestionably abide by.

Regards,

BUG

#7: Re: New eBay scammer: "uk-bears" Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:30 pm
    ----
- buglerbilly
Actually, this brings up a good point.

IF I want to reproduce one of the images from here, from one of the members, elsewhere is that deemed acceptable.

I'm talking about reproduction to illustrate a particular discussion on another board, in my case an Australian/NZ orientated one, NOT reproduction for commercial preparation and issue of a magazine article for example; in the latter case I would expect permission be sought and recompense be offered.

I'd appreciate guidance here, being a terrible "magpie" of images to illustrate discussion.

Whatever conclusion is reached, Iwould unquestionably abide by.

Regards,

BUG

BUG

Personaly speaking, as long as you give proper credit, I have no problems with that. When I post stuff, I ensure to gain approval from the source first.

However, when charging for the images, one must insure to obtain written approval from the 'owner'. It is a serious copyright infringement, if not done so.

Just my two cents,
Don

#8: Re: New eBay scammer: "uk-bears" Author: buglerbilly PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:58 am
    ----
No probs with any of that......... Mr. Green

Regards,

BUG

#9: Re: New eBay scammer: "uk-bears" Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:02 am
    ----
BUG,
Anything I post I figure some one will copy. I agree with Dontos's answer. As far as someone profiting from it, that would be another thing entirely, since it in my book amounts to stealing. The bigger question is, what can you do about it without getting caught up in a legal mess you can't afford? With all the unchecked copyright violations going on with music and movies, how's a little guy to fight over a picture posted on the internet?

Joe D

#10: Re: New eBay scammer: "uk-bears" Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:52 pm
    ----
Hi,

I'm of a mind with the others. As long as you credit the image, then I don't have a problem. What I don't like is seeing my pics on a site, with no indication that it didn't belong to the fellow posting it. If the chain of attribution gets broken, pics become "open source", and can show up anywhere.

Publication is obviously a different matter. That requires written permission.

C

-> AFV News Discussion Board