Bradley, a different type of paint job.
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Bradley, a different type of paint job. Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:10 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

Ran acrossed this photo over at Army Images. Montana Army National Guard, 1st Battalion, 163rd Infantry Regiment, M3A1.

Possible idea for a model project.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#2: Re: Bradley, a different type of paint job. Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:28 pm
    ----
Very weird. Are they another 11th ACR augment unit like the one Nevada armor battalion? I wonder if this camo is standard for the whole battalion.

#3: Re: Bradley, a different type of paint job. Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:56 pm
    ----
Aha - the caption is wrong. This Brad belongs to E Troop, 163rd Cavalry.

www.montanaguard.com/T...index.html

#4: Re: Bradley, a different type of paint job. Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:45 pm
    ----
Hi Hellfish6! Hi Folks!

Thanks for the link! Love the music!

That would explain the paint job, another OpFor vehicle.

Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#5: Re: Bradley, a different type of paint job. Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:47 am
    ----
Having been at NTC back in 1987 and through the mid-90's, I can understand the camo confusion. This was a common scheme back then. However having just left the 11th ACR at FT Irwin after nearly 4 years, I can tell you that all the vehicles are now plain tan. Not to mention that most all of our "Brads" don't look as good as the one pictured. Our dedicated "OPFOR" vehicles are converted M113's. Bradleys, Abrams, and such, are not used on rotations for OPFOR duty. The Nevada Guard does use M1's but they are visually modified with 55 gal drums on the rear decks and camo net wrapped around the gun tubes to set them apart from "BLUFOR" vehicles.

-> AFV News Discussion Board