Fort Sill - can anyone report what is on display there?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Fort Sill - can anyone report what is on display there? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:29 pm
    ----
Fort Sill remains as of kind of an unknown for me... I have been able to catalogue the following with regard to the museum there, but I suspect this isnt complete. The museum website is especially poor...

2S1 USA out
M7 Priest USA out
M107 USA out
M108 USA out
M474 Pershing Launcher USA out
T162 GMC USA out
XM104 USA out
XM2001 Crusader USA out

Neil

#2: Re: Fort Sill - can anyone report what is on display there? Author: binder001 PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:09 pm
    ----
It's been a LOONG time since I was down there, but the best thing I remember was the "cannon walk" a large outdoor collection of various artillery, mostly from the 20th century. US types up to the WW2 240mm howitzer and Cold War 280mm "Atomic Cannon", German, Italian, and Japanese cannons from WW2, Soviet designs from WW2, Korea and after, missles, etc. Not much armor per se, but a few SPs. There used to be a nice M37 SP 105mm at the gate. Back in the "pre 9/11" era you used to be able to see a number of interesting current weapons being used for support of the Field Artillery School.

Gary

#3: Re: Fort Sill - can anyone report what is on display there? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:06 am
    ----
Only pic I have seen of the Crusader prototype at the Fort Sill museum.

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board