Vet museum on I5
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Vet museum on I5 Author: LeeW PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:52 pm
    ----
For anyone in traveling in Washington state. There is a nice little museum in Chehalis right off I5. Chehalis is about halfway between Seatle and Portland. I believe they have one WWII light tank, a lot of weapons and unforms and misc stuf. Their web site is:
www.veteransmuseum.org

*** edit for link correction. Thanks ***

Last edited by LeeW on Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Vet museum on I5 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:55 pm
    ----
Corrected link, thanks for the info!

www.veteransmuseum.org/

Neil

#3: Re: Vet museum on I5 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:00 pm
    ----
From the G104 group, they apparently have a former logging Sherman. No mention on G103...

Neil

#4: Re: Vet museum on I5 Author: LeeW PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:12 am
    ----
As a disclaimer I guess I should point out that I'm a member and the G41M on display was my dads (guess it's mine now). They even have a pretty good library.

#5: Re: Vet museum on I5 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:22 am
    ----
Lee, can you tell us what model the WWII tank is?

Neil

#6: Re: Vet museum on I5 Author: LeeW PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:20 pm
    ----
It was a very wet winter day when I visited (Chehalis was where I went to school (1-12)) and that area was not open. I believe it's got a roof but rain can blow in. Since I now live in SE Michigan its a bit of a trip to drop by. I just checked out their web page and they didn't have any more info their but you might drop them a line. They did have an email contact button and the people I met were real friendly. They also have a number of other vehicles and a flag from one of the US CV's I think they have or are planning on having a helicopter as well.

#7: Re: Vet museum on I5 Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:52 pm
    ----
Hmmm...

Lee, can you give me a better vector? I'll be driving that way on the 25th or so. If it's not too far off of I5, I might be able to drop in and get some piccies for y'all.

C

#8: Re: Vet museum on I5 Author: LeeW PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:47 pm
    ----
You can see it from I5. If you are coming from the south it's the 2nd Chehalis exit (13th street is the first one). It's either the second or third coming from the North.It's just West of the freeway. The exit drops you off to the North of the museum and you have to turn South on what U think is riverside. No more than 5 minutes drive once you are off the freeway.
Here is a Google map URL:
maps.google.com/maps?f...1&om=1
Hope that works.

Address is:100 SW Veterans Way Chehalis, WA

Here's their page with visitor info:
www.veteransmuseum.org/visit.htm

888 edit cause I left an h out of Chehalis ***

Last edited by LeeW on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: Vet museum on I5 Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:17 pm
    ----
Hi Lee, all,

Thanks. I'll see if I can sneak in there on my way past.

C

-> AFV News Discussion Board