e-mail notification probs?
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#1: e-mail notification probs? Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:39 pm
    ----
Anybody else no longer getting notifications in their e-mail for CC PM's or new posts to followed topics?

Seems like it's been going on for a couple weeks for me now.

#2: Re: e-mail notification probs? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:33 pm
    ----
(I don't have mine switched on... don't tell anyone)

#3: Re: e-mail notification probs? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:25 pm
    ----
Yep, I've got one other report on that from Fled. I suggested he go into his user options and choose No as send a notification, save, then go back in and choose Yes and save again. I haven't talked to him to see if that worked.

Mine is still working, so it only effected some and not all people. Let me know if that works for you. Wink

#4: Re: e-mail notification probs? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:16 am
    ----
must admit that after the "action" there is no change, I still don't get e-mail notification, this phenomena is since the server of our ISP got changed.

#5: Re: e-mail notification probs? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:29 am
    ----
Rgr Fled and thanks.

I'll see if I can find the culprit... Wink

One last thing, is the box checked when you post that says "Notify me when a reply is posted" when you post a reply?

#6: Re: e-mail notification probs? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:15 am
    ----
Shocked
you can bet yer whole herd of sheep on that it's checked !!

fled
Wink

#7: Re: e-mail notification probs? Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:12 pm
    ----
yea, I tried what you said Bushy and nada.

I'll try a couple different things and see what I come up with and keep an eye on this post for any updates.

Thanks

#8: Re: e-mail notification probs? Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:40 pm
    ----
Same problem here, since a week I suppose.
I tried the suggested move (uncheck/check), but cannot say if it worked - if anybody is so kind to post a reply to this, maybe... Wink

Marco

#9: Re: e-mail notification probs? Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:50 pm
    ----
Marco,

Here is the reply to you post to see if you get any kind of notification.

Good luck!

Lazyeight

#10: Re: e-mail notification probs? Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:27 pm
    ----
Thanks, lazyeight: your reply proved the trick didn't work - no notification received... oh, well, I have to be less lazy and check the board myself more frequently Mr. Green
Wink
Marco

#11: Re: e-mail notification probs? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:36 pm
    ----
must admit that it's pretty annoying not getting mail notification Confused

Hope someone finds a cure for it........................FAST Wink

fled
Confused

#12: Re: e-mail notification probs? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:35 pm
    ----
I cleared the Cache file at CC, you might try clearing out the cache on your machine too... Wink

#13: Re: e-mail notification probs? Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:57 am
    ----
What's the Cache? Hope nothing to do with toothaching... ah, no, that's a "cachet" Mr. Green
Jerry, which is the procedure to do that?

Thaaaanks!
Wink
Marco

#14: Re: e-mail notification probs? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:51 am
    ----
The cache is in the browser settings. Every time you do any surfing with the brower, it 'caches' or stores information about the site on your computer. It's a good practice to clear that at least once a week and more if you do sensitive surfing like Kit does...lol

For FireFox, "Tools/options/privacy/cache" click the clear cache button.

For IE, "Tools/Internet Options/" click the 'clear history' button. While you're at it, set the amount of days to cache. I recommend 3 days verses the default 20, but it's really up to you. You'll also notice an option to clear cookies on the same page, you may want to do that once a week too. I keep the CC cookies, but that's a personal preference.

#15: Re: e-mail notification probs? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:33 am
    ----
I only have by cache set to 1 day coz I'm too lazy to keep doing it manually.

1 thing, before you clear your cookies;
These help websites recognise you when you re-visit. Clearing them may mean you need to log back in to your regular sites.
I clear my cookies manually every so often for this reason (because I'm too lazy to re-login... nothing at all to do with forgetting all the damn passwords I use everywhere! ;))

-> Officer's Club