Panther and Whirelbewind in Canada?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Panther and Whirelbewind in Canada? Author: elauterbach PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:47 pm
    ----
I have seen pictures of these two in Canada. Are they still in Canada? Where?
Thanks,
Eric

#2: Re: Panther and Whirelbewind in Canada? Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:36 am
    ----
- elauterbach
I have seen pictures of these two in Canada. Are they still in Canada? Where?
Thanks,
Eric

The Panther is at CWM Ottawa (undergoing restoration) and the Wirbelwind is still at Camp Borden (still displayed outside, move it inside NOW dammit!)

Why CWM haven't claimed the Wirbelwind (as it is one of only two survivors) is beyond me.

Cheers,
Rik

Last edited by Rikard_Hufschmied on Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:17 am; edited 2 times in total

#3: Re: Panther and Whirelbewind in Canada? Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:55 am
    ----
A couple of year old pictures of the Panther at the CWM Ottawa workshop, courtesy of "Aufklarung" at Axis History:

Actually, the full thread at Axis History deserves a look, a lot of recent pictures of German AFV's I've never seen before:

Axis History Forum Museums thread

And the Wirbelwind at Camp Borden:

Full gallery of the Camp Borden Tank Park by the same Mr Clark that supplied pictures of the CWM:

Camp Borden Tank Park

Cheers,
Rik

Last edited by Rikard_Hufschmied on Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: Panther and Whirelbewind in Canada? Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:23 pm
    ----
Would the real Mr Clark please identify himself? You are wanted on another forum.

terry.warner @ sympatico.ca

(oops - Cloaking Device, On! And stay on!)

-> AFV News Discussion Board