100 BEST places to live in the USA
-> Officer's Club

#1: 100 BEST places to live in the USA Author: Combat PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:49 am
    ----
money.cnn.com/magazine...index.html

Thought this was interesting....

EDISON, NJ? #28??? REALLY?

#2: Re: 100 BEST places to live in the USA Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:49 pm
    ----
Well, I concur on Ft. Collins and Longmont (rather like Boulder, but without the communist/Berkely/Marin County pretensious attitude). Good access to skiing a big plus!

Surprized at Santa Fe making it, but San Diego not. Having lived both places, I can tell you that Santa Fe is hardly "affordable", and has a definitely weirdness about it, though beautiful (they even refer to it themselves as "the city different", and it sure is). Also good access to skiing. Wink

#3: Re: 100 BEST places to live in the USA Author: Combat PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:19 pm
    ----
If click the TOP 10 Big Cities you'll see San Diego there at #5. and New York makes the list at #10.

#4: Re: 100 BEST places to live in the USA Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:28 pm
    ----
Yep, city number 2 is Naperville IL. and the land there sells by the square inch...lol

The property taxes there are more than most people make in Chicago suburbs and that's the way they like it... Wink

#5: Re: 100 BEST places to live in the USA Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:50 pm
    ----
Michigan is in there 5 times Cool

#6: Re: 100 BEST places to live in the USA Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:32 pm
    ----
I noticed that two Kansas City suburbs are on there at #6 and #13. Weird, I never thought Kansas City was all that great Granted, I'll take my town of ~40,000 two hours west of KC over the big city any day.

Anyways, some other ones that stuck out to me: Eden Prairie and Eagan, MN, both suburbs of Minneapolis. Since I go to school on the ND/MN border, I've got several friends that come from that area. Interesting. And Fargo and Bismark ND? You know, I wonder how they figure out "the best" lol.

-> Officer's Club