"Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing....
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#1: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:59 pm
    ----
JG300 Members and any admins are welcome to check the Beta (well, gamma, really...) version of Phu Bai. It includes no readme or instructions, but is a very conventional scenery install. It can be found in the JG300 area of the FTP server as Phu_Bai_Redux (NOT PhuBai.exe!) and has the same name as the earlier version, but is ~8.8MB...about 2.4x larger.

I need feedback for both stock and mesh scenery (Baptiste's free SEA mesh) as I tried to make compatible with both. I may release two versions, one with Hill 180 for stock FS9 and one without for those using mesh (because it's then redundant).

You WILL notice a frame hit when looking West from the eastern side of the field. It's most pronounced if you have mesh AND Camp Eagle installed because both add to the complexity. If you get into a slideshow mode, make your approaches and departures to the field on runway 9 so you face the ocean.

If you have mesh installed, you will also notice that the road over to the Radio Research unit across Highway One "floats" over bits of the terrain. This is unavoidable but you have to be "cruising the road" for this to happen. I'm prepared for this effect because it's not a driving simulation, but a flying one.

Need feedback as soon as possible. Wink

#2: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:10 pm
    ----
looking but cannot find it Ascout, maybe you could pm me a d/l link for it Wink

fled
Cool

#3: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:11 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
looking but cannot find it Ascout, maybe you could pm me a d/l link for it Wink

fled
Cool

On the way....

#4: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:16 pm
    ----
Cool Thank you Sir !!

Cool

#5: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:26 pm
    ----
Screenies, please! Can send privately if you wish, don't matter.

I musta' left out a separate file for the "trees" because Stoopy's screenies don't have em. That's why we test!

I'll look at that because the trees are critical to the integrity of the scenery, IMO.

#6: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:35 pm
    ----
Phu Bai Redux is reloading for the next 15 minutes with the "tree bgl" added...wiait til 12:45 PM Pacific and get that version... Wink

#7: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:49 pm
    ----
Is it ready?

#8: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:54 pm
    ----
The one with the tree bgl is now up...I need screenies of all tree areas to see if it's the right, and complete file. (It still has two red hootches, Stoop, but I've since fixed that on my system...thanks!)

#9: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:56 pm
    ----
Got it. Will scout it out!

#10: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:05 pm
    ----
There's big white blocks around the terminal, maybe supposed to be tree textures?

Getting up screeny.

#11: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:08 pm
    ----

#12: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:15 pm
    ----
Working on the pic's chief !

#13: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:29 pm
    ----
And don't get to close to mr. Hope. All that dust I kicked up must have p'd him off. Swung that wood like a louisville slugger and cracked my wind screen.

#14: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:39 pm
    ----
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check the gun barrel......looks like you two are really going at it!

Looks like some tree textures are missing for ya, fr8ycat.

#15: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:53 pm
    ----
must admit me likes A LOT !!

here some pic's fresh from the printer chief hope I'm not letting to much out of the bag ........

here the links for the full size pic's:

www.com-central.net/us...b/PB_1.jpg
www.com-central.net/us...b/PB_2.jpg
www.com-central.net/us...b/PB_3.jpg
www.com-central.net/us...b/PB_4.jpg
www.com-central.net/us...b/PB_5.jpg
www.com-central.net/us...b/PB_6.jpg
www.com-central.net/us...b/PB_7.jpg
www.com-central.net/us...b/PB_8.jpg
www.com-central.net/us...b/PB_9.jpg
www.com-central.net/us.../PB_10.jpg
www.com-central.net/us.../PB_11.jpg