Holland orders Bushmasters
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Holland orders Bushmasters Author: MARKMILES77 PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:20 am
    ----
- David_Clark
Personally, if I was travelling in a Bushmaster, I'd be comforted to know that there were a few RWSs to suppress the bad guys.

David

CROWS Remote Weapon Stations are currently being installed on the Bushmasters in Iraq and Afghanistan.

#17: Re: Holland orders Bushmasters Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:39 am
    ----
I have a simple criticism of the 4x4 Bushmaster; it has a long wheelbase and a low undercarriage. If its protection is better than an M113 or the ASLAV, how much weight is on each wheel too?

The Canadian AVGP is the Swiss MOWAG 6x6, and was found to be unefficient cross country. The Bison, Coyote and LAV III families are 8x8 and have much better cross country mobility.

If the Dutch are getting Bushmasters that means they will give back the RG31s to the Canadians.

#18: Re: Holland orders Bushmasters Author: MARKMILES77 PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:52 am
    ----
- Maple_Leaf_Eh
If its protection is better than an M113 or the ASLAV, how much weight is on each wheel too?

Combat weight of the Bushmaster is 15,000kg.

#19: Re: Holland orders Bushmasters Author: buglerbilly PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:14 am
    ----
With RG-31 and Bushmaster (and Cougar and more or less all other MRAP candidates) cross-country ability is adequate not great, but then again thats not their primary design basis. Protection of personnel is the key and they all do that to varying degrees.

Bushmaster has one distinct advantage over some Protected vehicles, it has a monocoque body with the drive train under armour as a result, a lot better I would hazard to say than some that are no more than an armoured capsule on top of a standard drive train and truck chassis.

BUT, and this is the key to my way of thinking, every single damn one of them is vastly superior to any softskin! Cool

#20: Re: Holland orders Bushmasters Author: MARKMILES77 PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:16 am
    ----
New ultra short wheel-base (and height and length and width) Bushmaster.

#21: Re: Holland orders Bushmasters Author: David_Clark PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:13 am
    ----
Nice!

-> AFV News Discussion Board