B-1B Lancer...
-> FS2004

#1: B-1B Lancer... Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:38 pm
    ----
I have a dire need for a Quality B-1B for FS-2004. I'm not very happy with the one I got off of Transload (not a problem of Transload's). It requires AB to get in the air. It also flies at a nose high angle. Any suggestions?

#2: Re: B-1B Lancer... Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:56 pm
    ----
I too have been looking for a good B1-B to no avail. As well as an AC-130 Gunship (freeware)

#3: Re: B-1B Lancer... Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:14 am
    ----
I think ours is a 2002 model, if so, the nose high bit is because of that. As for needing AB to get off the ground, that's accurate. I've seen literally hundreds of Lancer takeoffs, and none went up without it.

#4: Re: B-1B Lancer... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:10 pm
    ----
- tomclayton
I think ours is a 2002 model, if so, the nose high bit is because of that. As for needing AB to get off the ground, that's accurate. I've seen literally hundreds of Lancer takeoffs, and none went up without it.

That's what I recall from all the ones at Abilene I saw also.

#5: Re: B-1B Lancer... Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:12 pm
    ----
Dyess is where I was! When were you there?

#6: Re: B-1B Lancer... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:21 pm
    ----
- tomclayton
Dyess is where I was! When were you there?

I was living in N. Garland (Dallas) '88-'91 and traveled extensively over OK and TX...used to get buzzed by B1's doing T&G's all the time when I was driving to/from points west. As you know, they approach N-S right over the freeway. Mr. Green

#7: Re: B-1B Lancer... Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:24 pm
    ----
Yep - remember that well. Looks like you were there right after I left. I was stationed at Dyess from 85-88.

#8: Re: B-1B Lancer... Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:58 pm
    ----
Where might one be able to download the B1 from?

#9: Re: B-1B Lancer... Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:26 pm
    ----
There's one on Simviation from I3D, but I think it's the same one in TVA's fleet.

www.simviation.com/fs2...tary37.htm

#10: Re: B-1B Lancer... Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:02 pm
    ----
Realy, because I read that a B-1B walked away from a cameraship F-16 in AB without it. Also took off without AB.

#11: Re: B-1B Lancer... Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:24 pm
    ----
AB can be tough to see in daylight sometimes, but if the bird was empty, I suppose it's possible. But even empty, the Lancer's a pretty heavy plane.

#12: Re: B-1B Lancer... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:25 pm
    ----
- RAF92_BattleHawk
Realy, because I read that a B-1B walked away from a cameraship F-16 in AB without it. Also took off without AB.

What you've read and what we've personally witnessed seem to be two different things.

#13: Re: B-1B Lancer... Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:34 pm
    ----
Just so you guys know, I kind of put the bug in Mike Stones ear that there were people looking for a good freeware version of the B-1B. He is working on an F-117 right now, but he now knows there is that need for a good B-1. I think he might look into it and who knows, we might have one in the near future. I never hound him on a plane. He has a lot on his plate in and outside of the FS world.

#14: Re: B-1B Lancer... Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:05 am
    ----
Hey crew - Downloaded this awesome goodie, but should have possibly read the ReadMe - I see no HUD or any way to judge altitude or a way to set in an autopilot. Not to mention no Afterburners - is there a special key assigned to this function, and am I maybe missing a file for those guages? Almost bit it on a long runway with the ocean at the end in Greenland as she barely lifted off the ground and floated a bit, with full flaps as the first launch was a bit "rough".

Thanks!

-> FS2004