URGENT!
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#1: URGENT! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:23 pm
    ----
Edit:

No problem, issue resolved and it's not the download.

Now move along folks, there's nothing to see here....

Wink

Last edited by JG300-Ascout on Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: URGENT! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:58 pm
    ----
Just started a flight (from "Create a Flight") at Da Nang and am sittin' on the runway. Will next start a flight from Phu Bai and slew (drag in map view) to there, and if that works, I'll fly from Phu Bai to DaNang and let you know....

And this is on my second PC (laptop) which I use to sanity-check against default installs etc. I just downloaded and installed the freshest version from the library here.

#3: Re: URGENT! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:16 pm
    ----
Also just now completed the other two tests, started a flight at Phu Bai, took off, and "slewed" to Da Nang by dragging my plane there in map view. Then I reset the flight, took off form Phu Bai again, and flew to Da Nang without slewing (I did bump my sim rate up to save time). Arrived and landed at Da Nang both times, to a complete stop, I just turned off from the active runway and am sitting on the ramp right now with engine idling.

No problems to report and this is also with the SEA terrain mesh on.

EDIT: Also to be sure of something else, I removed, completely, the other scenery BGL file I had made that adds waypoints for RuongRuong Valley, A Shau Valley, and Khe Sanh. Figured maybe you didn't have those and possibly that cold be it. But no, everything still works fine. Sorry I can't duplicate it at all!

#4: Re: URGENT! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:30 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Also just now completed the other two tests, started a flight at Phu Bai, took off, and "slewed" to Da Nang by dragging my plane there in map view. Then I reset the flight, took off form Phu Bai again, and flew to Da Nang without slewing (I did bump my sim rate up to save time). Arrived and landed at Da Nang both times, to a complete stop, I just turned off from the active runway and am sitting on the ramp right now with engine idling.

No problems to report and this is also with the SEA terrain mesh on.

EDIT: Also to be sure of something else, I removed, completely, the other scenery BGL file I had made that adds waypoints for RuongRuong Valley, A Shau Valley, and Khe Sanh. Figured maybe you didn't have those and possibly that cold be it. But no, everything still works fine. Sorry I can't duplicate it at all!

Thanks Stoopy....two questions:
Do you have Al's Chul Lai scenery? Did you rename the "Scenery-Asia" file that Fled suggested a week or so back? (If you didn't, DON'T!).

Waiting to hear...

#5: Re: URGENT! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:31 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy

And that's a good thing (and no, I didn't have those). I think it's one of two things and a report from Al and one or two others will determine the cause.... Wink

#6: Re: URGENT! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:42 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

Do you have Al's Chul Lai scenery? Did you rename the "Scenery-Asia" file that Fled suggested a week or so back? (If you didn't, DON'T!).

Waiting to hear...

That's a negative on both questions, sir. Didn't grab Chu Lai since it's not involved with Das Projekt. Also haven't, and wouldn't consider, eleting that particularly scenery file.

But I'd be willing to run some tests......

#7: Re: URGENT! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:42 pm
    ----
I've created a flight at Da Nang and phu bai, moved to airport Phu Bai and didn't notice anything.

I'm running the original Sea Mesh and don't have anything "old" since I just wiped out my system. Installed Phu Bai as is from DL.

For flying around Phu Bai I've turned off the Chu Lai and Camp Eagle scenerys.

#8: Re: URGENT! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:44 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
- JG300-Ascout

Waiting to hear...

That's a negative on both questions, sir. Didn't grab Chu Lai since it's not involved with Das Projekt. Also haven't, and wouldn't consider, eleting that particularly scenery file.

But I'd be willing to run some tests......

We didn't delete the file, we renamed it...which we thought was reversable. But since I did it, and restored (and even reinstalled all Asia scenery files), Da Nang and surrounding area has been a black hole. I can't recommend running any tests without you knowing that....it might not be correctable (wasn't for me). Sad

All my other VN airports work fine.

#9: Re: URGENT! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:49 pm
    ----
I've no problem jumpin in and helping find and kill the issue. On my way to rename it....if it messes me up that'll be a good thing, you'll have someone else looking for a fix.

#10: Re: URGENT! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:50 pm
    ----
Stoopy,
That sounds dangerous, but it would I.D. the problem for sure.
If you want to try downloading from Hovercontrol and installing, see if it's any different. I uploaded the exact same file there however.

I'm certainly open to ideas (because I'd like Al and I to get Da Nang back!)

#11: Re: URGENT! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:54 pm
    ----
turned on chu lai again and created flgith at da nang just to be sure, slew to phu bai and back....da nang's still there for me.

#12: Re: URGENT! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:57 pm
    ----
Danger's my business buddy

Besides what's a squadmate for but to run headlong into the furball alongside ya!

Anyway, you'll LOVE this.....I renamed the file to "AB976260.bgl_funky" and loaded my saved DaNang flight, and got some griping from FS9 telling me to delete that file ("SCENERY.DAT ERROR)....I clicked continue a couple times and....am sittng on the runway at Da Nang, go figure!

Of course I forget if m FS9 was already fired up when I did that. Maybe it was.....I'll be back.....

Edit: Oh, duh....I did AB not AP.....be back....

#13: Re: URGENT! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:13 am
    ----
Well, interesting.....renaming it to "AP976260.BGL_funky" definitely resulted in a LOT more griping, but I just clicked OK through it all, and.....no lockups. I did succesfully manage to loose the runway and taxiways for DaNang though, so it looks like the right file....

Next I'll see how correctable it is then go hunt that Chu Lai scenery and install it.

Here's the missing scenery from renaming that file....this is from a saved flight lined up right down the runway, I took off and climbed, and look behind me you'll see no airport now.

#14: Re: URGENT! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:35 am
    ----
That's interesting Stoop....

When I renamed that file, I flew UP from Chu Lai, and while I could overfly DaNang and there was autogen scenery there like yours, I had no airfield.

Later, I found I could not start there ("loading scenery" it locked up at 0% and then "MS has encountered a problem and must end...send report?"

It would go to black screen if I slewed or map view "pulled" my aircraft within 10-15 miles of Da Nang. Also, I tried to fly there from Phu Bai and about 10 miles out, screen goes black and sim locks up.

Even after renaming that file back to original and copying in ALL the asia files Fled sent, the 100 or so square miles around Da Nang is still a "dead zone", even though the airport name reappeared in my Vietnam-airports list.

I think renaming that file, and restoring it, killed my Da Nang zone permanently....I'd have to reinstall the game to get around it, probably...not eager to try that right now.

#15: Re: URGENT! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:43 am
    ----
OK, IT'S PROVEN!

Al got back to me and he had renamed that AP file...when he restored it, the problem went away. It's definitely that because the only ones who saw Da Nang vaporize are those that renamed that file...

Now...if I could only get mine back without reinstalling the game. Rolling Eyes

-> FS2004