Sweet M60 found in Ft Hood Motorpool...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#46: Re: Sweet M60 found in Ft Hood Motorpool... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:07 am
    ----
I cant make any promises, as I have yet to speak to the 4ID museum director, but I will ask to see if I might be able to get inside the M41. If so, I'll snap pics of the data plate / interior and record whatever I find. I'll have Mar 5-8 off, (sons H.S. baseball tournament) so amybe I can get over there one of those days and snap the pics. I'll try and get a hold of the museum director this week and get the low-down on the move. Maybe even a listing of what armor is going where so we can update the registry correctly. Sure wish I was retired already so I'd have more time for armor research!

#47: Re: Sweet M60 found in Ft Hood Motorpool... Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:28 am
    ----
Jeff,

Any luck locating SN 10 (Smooth Bore Gun)?

I hope she hasn't been shipped already or even worse, disposed of Shocked .

#48: Re: Sweet M60 found in Ft Hood Motorpool... Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:52 pm
    ----
Thanks Jeff. If the outside plate shows the same number twice getting inside is not a priority.

KL

#49: Re: Sweet M60 found in Ft Hood Motorpool... Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:56 pm
    ----
For some reason the messages on this page hang off the right of my screen and I can't reach the edit button . . .

Anyhoo, let me amend my last post. If the SN is *23*, a shot of the inside plate would be nice.

KL

#50: Re: Sweet M60 found in Ft Hood Motorpool... Author: JaredLocation: Wherever the army sends me PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:43 pm
    ----
Something similar here but no sign of any quote/reply buttons at all - in fact I thought you couldn't quote or reply to a specific message at all..

And don't even consider starting me about that flood protection thing.

BTW DD is ransacking his library for an image of the XM803 - anyone got one?

#51: Re: Sweet M60 found in Ft Hood Motorpool... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:07 pm
    ----
I just happen to have found this yesterday.

Unfortunately no vehicle images, just component functions images.

I may have some of the Static Display 'floating around'.

Don

#52: Re: Sweet M60 found in Ft Hood Motorpool... Author: JaredLocation: Wherever the army sends me PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:19 pm
    ----
Thanks Don!

Someone sent him some concept drawings of the XM742 ARV, XM743 AVLB and XM745 CEV versions so now he has a bee-in-his-bonnet about adding it to his web site. Rolling Eyes

Any full copies of that manual floating around?

#53: Re: Sweet M60 found in Ft Hood Motorpool... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:25 pm
    ----
- Jared
Thanks Don!

Someone sent him some concept drawings of the XM742 ARV, XM743 AVLB and XM745 CEV versions so now he has a bee-in-his-bonnet about adding it to his web site. Rolling Eyes

Any full copies of that manual floating around?

I Wish! This is a Library copy, I stumbled on looking for something else. I shot a few pics of some interesting pages.

Don

#54: Re: Sweet M60 found in Ft Hood Motorpool... Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:46 pm
    ----
Jared,

Here are some pictures of the static display at Knox.

XM803

Not sure if that will help.

BTW, did he get any more info on the smooth bore 110mm?

-> AFV News Discussion Board