M60 Air Cleaners from JoeD
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M60 Air Cleaners from JoeD Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:10 pm
    ----
JoeD has checked in with these photos of M60 Air cleaners. Lets see if I can piece together the pictures and comments

Picture 1 M60 A0 with side loader filter housing, bolted door.

Picture 2 M60 A0 with side loader filter housing, locking handle door.

Picture 3 M60 A0 with armored top loading air filter housing.

Picture 4 M60 A0 with aluminum top loading air filter housing.

Picture 5 M60A3 air intake hose for right side air filter. Yellow arrow indicates where air intake screen is bolted to bulk head. This one is set up to draw air from turret, which was done to deep ford with the turret seal pumped up. A lot of crews did this in the summer to draw air in the turret and keep cooler, the draw back was it also sucked more dust in the crew compartment. White arrow shows the Vehicle Exhaust Dust Ejection System (VEDES) hose leading from the former blower motor housing.

Picture 6 Intake viewed from inside turret. This one is set up to draw air from the turret.

Picture 7 This intake is set up normally where it draws air from the engine compartment. To change the set up the crew would unscrew the bolts from the plate then reach inside the intake and remove the bolts that held the hose. Then you�d remove the outer nuts from the assembly, pull it off and flip it. Assembly was reverse order.

Picture 8 M60A3 with VEDES. Yellow arrow shows VEDES hose leading to turbo. White arrow shows intake hose leading to engine. Yellow circle shows quick disconnects and starter relay, RISE engine.

Picture 9 Large hose is air hose leading to left air filter housing. Small hose is VEDES system.

Joe - let me know if I messed any up

#2: Re: M60 Air Cleaners from JoeD Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:16 pm
    ----
Thanks Bob,
I'd like to tell you they are good but "I CAN'T SEE THEM", "Arrgh!!". If you posted them by the numbers they'll be fine. Thanks again.

Joe D

#3: Re: M60 Air Cleaners from JoeD Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:03 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Thanks Bob,
I'd like to tell you they are good but "I CAN'T SEE THEM", "Arrgh!!". If you posted them by the numbers they'll be fine. Thanks again.

Joe D

I'm sorry, I forgot that you not only can't put them out there you can't really see them.

I'll describe the first one Theres a green box that looks like it has been repainted over chipping paint several times Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

( I couldn't resist ) Stay safe and think of all the back images you'll have to look at when you get back to the world.

-> AFV News Discussion Board