T92 SPG & T93HMC
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: T92 SPG & T93HMC Author: ossie PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:00 pm
    ----
HI ALL

nice to be back on AFV news. hope you not missed me to much.

ok now to the serious note i am after photograhs and measurements of the T93HMC at Taccoma Detroit. sorry if i spelt it wrong but i am in the uk.

i want to build this vehicle as a model but i need soem help , can anybody help please .
feel free to email me

thanks
ossie

#2: Re: T92 SPG & T93HMC Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:22 pm
    ----
Have you seen these yet?

ww2photo.mimerswell.co...92/t92.htm

Looks like a great project. If you find any line drawings I'd love to see them too - I enjoy making computer 3D models of oddball armored fighting vehicles.

#3: Re: T92 SPG & T93HMC Author: ossie PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:39 pm
    ----
hi

thanks for the link yes i have seen those.

no i have not sen any drawings thats my problem, i have no measurements what so ever to go on.
thanks
ossie

#4: Re: T92 SPG & T93HMC Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:41 pm
    ----
I wonder if there are any drawing in the Hunnicutt book about the Pershing?

#5: Re: T92 SPG & T93HMC Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:36 pm
    ----
Hi Ossie! Hi Folks!

Glad to see the board's Centurion expert has made the move to the next site! Welcome back Sir!

Any chance you had anything to do with that new AFV Centurion kit?

I checked my copy of Hunnicutt's Pershing. There are a few more photos than what the wed site HF6 knew of. Most of the ones at that site are in Hunnicutt's book.

Do you have Hunnicutt's Pershing book or access to a copy?
His book has data sheets on both vehicles if you need any of that info.

Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#6: Re: T92 SPG & T93HMC Author: ossie PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:04 pm
    ----
HI Roy

well yes i did have alot to do with the Centurion and still am involved. Laughing

i have the pershing book which is what started me on this quest.
i want to build the picture of the T92 loading on to the dragon wagon.
i also have a very few picture sof the real thing.

so any body who can just measure some basics and pictuers and would be truly gratefull.

ROY question for you. referance the AFV Centurion kit. how many version from the kit can you make by adding one etch brass set from AA and a 105mm gun. Smile

yep i back
ossie

#7: Re: T92 SPG & T93HMC Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:59 am
    ----
I have Hunnicutt's firepower book but there wasn't anything in there. Hm... I really would like to see line drawings. Your quest is becoming mine as well...

#8: Re: T92 SPG & T93HMC Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:11 am
    ----
Hi Ossie! Hi Folks!

- ossie

well yes i did have alot to do with the Centurion and still am involved. Laughing

ROY question for you. referance the AFV Centurion kit. how many version from the kit can you make by adding one etch brass set from AA and a 105mm gun. Smile

I don't know without looking into, but I picked up two of those new AFV kits figuring I could make at least two. I would guess, if one counts IDF versions, I think a AVRE should be possible, maybe SIX (possible more) different ones might be possible with a number of small changes between them.

As I understand the Aus' Mark Vs, they had a number of the upgrades other Marks had so I was thinking it shouldn't be that much of problem to convert that kit to a number of other versions.

That any where close?
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

Last edited by Roy_A_Lingle on Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: T92 SPG & T93HMC Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:34 pm
    ----
Someone posted these on tank-net after I asked. Hope they help:

www.battletanks.com/im.../T92-5.jpg

www.battletanks.com/images/t92d.jpg

www.battletanks.com/im..._Shawn.jpg

www.battletanks.com/im...2__C-1.jpg

Apparently this vehicle used to be at Aberdeen but got moved - presumably to Fort Sill.

#10: Re: T92 SPG & T93HMC Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:51 pm
    ----
There is a T92/T93 at Aberdeen. It is 'behind the fence' and supposedly some part of the gun mount was disassembled at some point and never reassembled. The Museum Staff knows about it and would like to get it put back together. Whether it will 'make the move' when the musuem moves remains to be seen.

#11: Re: T92 SPG & T93HMC Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:00 pm
    ----
The T92 "behind the fence" is known as "King Kong."

The March 1994 issue of Museum Ordnance said the following:

“A few years ago it was taken ‘behind the fence’ for painting. Once there, however, the T92 was dismantled…The chassis is nearly intact."

Additionally, according to the Museum Guide CD's description of the M1 203mm towed howitzer:

"A self-propelled version , the T93, was ordered and developed but production was cancelled after VJ Day. The museum display is only the barrel of the 8-inch gun. Strangely, the tries [sic] of its transport wagon were made in the Soviet Union. The 8-inch gun's split trail carriage and the T93 are supposed to be stored 'somewhere in the back area' of APG."

That being said, I havent found any record of a T93 in the Ordnance Museum collection - such as a MCV or MAR file. OTOH, oddly enough I havent gone through the actual "active" files as extensively as I have the "inactives." Wink It may well be in there...

Neil

#12: Re: T92 SPG & T93HMC Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:19 pm
    ----
Thanks for the info. Still no sign of line drawings or blueprints or anything?

#13: Re: T92 SPG & T93HMC Author: ossie PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:37 pm
    ----
hi

thanks so far.

to answer the question 14 tanks. with teh aid of AA pe and 105 mm gun.
mk5, 5/1,5/2. + LR long range by adding rear fuel tank versions
mk6, 6/1, 6/2. +LR long range by adding rear fuel tank versions
mk 11 + mk11 op +LR long range by adding rear fuel tank
australian mk5/1 both vietnam and non vietnam
danish , dutch ,candian ,swedish, jordaian, south african.

the last few would require a few extra bits.
all the bits are in teh kit.

ok T92/93

THANKS FOR ALL TEH INFOMATION SO FAR.
if you could get any pictures of any parts of the T92 and something basic in measurements i would be really really grate full
or if any body as access to fort sill

thanks
ossie

#14: Re: T92 SPG & T93HMC Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:45 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

Additionally, according to the Museum Guide CD's description of the M1 203mm towed howitzer:

That being said, I havent found any record of a T93 in the Ordnance Museum collection - such as a MCV or MAR file. OTOH, oddly enough I havent gone through the actual "active" files as extensively as I have the "inactives." Wink It may well be in there...

Neil

Do you mean M1 203mm towed GUN? I'm pretty sure that is the one you mean (Yes the tires on the one at the Museum are Russian, It turns out that size tire was still in production for heavy equipment over there when the Museum needed to replace the rotted ones on the gun)

Ed seemed to think it was his when we talked about it a few months back Rolling Eyes so it should be in the active files.

#15: Re: T92 SPG & T93HMC Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:35 pm
    ----
- bsmart
- Neil_Baumgardner

Neil

Do you mean M1 203mm towed GUN? I'm pretty sure that is the one you mean (Yes the tires on the one at the Museum are Russian, It turns out that size tire was still in production for heavy equipment over there when the Museum needed to replace the rotted ones on the gun)

Sorry, I occasionally fall back into the rule that big barrel = howitzer. It generally applies today, but I sometimes forget there were big guns that werent howitzers back in WWII...

An addition point you raise is that the subject line to this thread is incorrect. The T92 was a 240mm HMC (not an SPG), while the T93 was a 203mm SPG (not HMC).

Ed seemed to think it was his when we talked about it a few months back Rolling Eyes so it should be in the active files.

But seperate & distinct from the T92 King Kong? Are there both behind the fence?... Or is there confusion between the two?

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board