Kubinka photo tour...
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Kubinka photo tour... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:39 pm
    ----
This was posted on the TankNet forum:
svsm.org/gallery/KubinkaMuseum

Ok, what the heck is this? The Soviet Elefant?

And this? Looks sorta like a Disston tank... Almost has to be a modified farm tractor, like the Disston & Bob Semple...

I've seen most of them before, but this is also an interesting SPG:

And you dont see many (if any) BT-series tanks around anymore:

When you get to the pics of the foreign items, there are some rather amusing paint shemes - not altogether dissimilar from the 1960s/70s APG schemes.

I especially liked the reactive armor? - I guess thats what its supposed to be - M48... Whats with all those things on the lower front hull?

Or the mouth on this one:

And this garish Korean Tiger paint scheme Pershing

Neil

#2: Re: Kubinka photo tour... Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:15 pm
    ----
The third photo is the SU-101 Uralmash.

#3: Re: Kubinka photo tour... Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:31 pm
    ----
neil
we have our garish tanks as well at bovington
dennis

#4: Re: Kubinka photo tour... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:05 pm
    ----
- jtrowbridge5
neil
dennis

Yes, but that one is just the front hull and may be realistic - I'm awaiting some Korean War modeling experts to comment here...

The Kubinka Korea Tiger scheme extends to the upper hull as well as the turret and even the barrel - which I've certainly never heard of...

Neil

#5: Re: Kubinka photo tour... Author: Russ_Buchan PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:38 am
    ----
Say, does the stubbly-chinned M-48 with the 'reactive armor' not have an M-60 turret on it? I remember when we traded our gas-engined 48s for the diesel-engined 60's, but I do not recall such a hull/turret combo.

Anyone?

Russ

#6: Re: Kubinka photo tour... Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:24 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
- jtrowbridge5
neil
dennis

Maybe it's just the angle, but that tiger looks more surprised than fierce, to me! Not an excellent example of that type of scheme...

C

#7: Re: Kubinka photo tour... Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:17 am
    ----

NI "Odessa tank"

This NI (Na Ispug) is on display at the Tank Museum of the Red Army in Kubinka (Russia). It is a replica of one of the military conversions of agricultural tractors done in 1941 during the siege of Odessa.

(source : www.jagdtiger.de)

Pierre-Olivier

#8: Re: Kubinka photo tour... Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:24 am
    ----

This one is the SU-14BR-2

This self propelled gun SU-14BR-2 is on display at the Tank Museum of the Red Army in Kubinka (Russia). This is a single prototype on the basis of the T-28 and T-35 heavy tanks and uses a 152mm B10 naval gun. It was involved in the defense of Moscow 1941/42.

(source : www.jagdtiger.de)

Pierre-Olivier

#9: Re: Kubinka photo tour... Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:34 pm
    ----
Photo #1 - SU-14BR-2, one of "Troplex" series self-propelled guns. All "Triplex" have open hull, this exhibit have additional 40-mm armor (added in january 1940).

Photo #2 - it's a modern vision of WWII armored tractors. In fact, it's a tractor with with non-armor steel plates construction, but gun not fake. It's a barrel from ZIS-2 57-mm AT Gun.

Photo #3 - SU-101 Uralmash-1 experimental SP Gun, based on the T-44 construction.

Photo #4 - interesting tank... It's a BT-5 hull with end 30-s modernisation, with BT-2 turret. We have plans to repaint him in future and add typical 1932-38 Red Army armored units markings.

Photo #5 - pray of dilettante. He try to make 1941 style camo, but... Laughing

Photo #6 - Magach 5 with Blazer armor, trophy of 1982 war, present from Syria. In principal, he can be restored in driving condition. And we have plans to repaint him - current color is awful

Photo #7 - M48A3, NVA (North Vietnamese Army) trophy, transfered to USSR in 70-s. Don't know about engine etc, but interior in good condition.

Photo #8 - M46, trophy of chinese volunteers in Korea War, transfered to USSR in 50-s. As i know, captured tank have same paintscheme.

Any question? Smile

Last edited by Taranov on Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

#10: Re: Kubinka photo tour... Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:38 pm
    ----
- the_shadock

This self propelled gun SU-14BR-2 is on display at the Tank Museum of the Red Army in Kubinka (Russia). This is a single prototype on the basis of the T-28 and T-35 heavy tanks and uses a 152mm B10 naval gun. It was involved in the defense of Moscow 1941/42.
Pierre-Olivier

In fact, he use original base, not T-35. Suspension and roadwheels is different.

#11: Re: Kubinka photo tour... Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:19 pm
    ----
BTW work of ours volunteers team in june-july (on the russian only, sorry)
dishmodels.ru/gshow.htm?p=1208
dishmodels.ru/gshow.htm?p=1251
dishmodels.ru/gshow.htm?p=1385

#12: Re: Kubinka photo tour... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:43 pm
    ----
Hi Neil! Hi Folks!

- Neil_Baumgardner

I especially liked the reactive armor? - I guess thats what its supposed to be - M48... Whats with all those things on the lower front hull?

I think those are mounting lugs for ERA boxes.

Anyone know if that shark mouth M48 came from a US unit or was one of the ARVN vehicles?

Interesting set of photos. Thanks Neal!
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#13: Re: Kubinka photo tour... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:49 pm
    ----
Hi Taranov! Hi Folks!

- Taranov

BTW work of ours volunteers team in june-july

Is that Kubinka?

Looks like the volunteers are doing great work!

Thanks Taranov!
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#14: Re: Kubinka photo tour... Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:33 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle

Is that Kubinka?

Yes. We are work in Kubinka from august 2005. We are not a restoration team, we just remade paintschemes and markings.

One of last projects - Mk.V with early (1920) Red Army markings and 2-tone camo (original camo designer - Rodchenko artist, 1920, it's a first Red Army camo).

Work of last week

Add markings to Panzerwerfer 42

Tire spray operation for tyres cleaning and protection (on the photo tyre of SdKfz.250/1 alt)

Add numbers for SdKfz 7

Adden sign "To the glory of Korobov" on the Tiger II barrel

Same tank, 62 years ago Wink

#15: Re: Kubinka photo tour... Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:16 pm
    ----
the nam 48-- looks to be copied after the infamous
"Wild One 4"
1st Platoon, 919th Armored Engineering Company
11th ACR

-> AFV News Discussion Board