Can you believe this...?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Can you believe this...? Author: geoffsteer PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:01 pm
    ----
Hi Guys-
Amazon.com has this under used and new:
"Firepower: A History of the American Heavy Tank by R. P. Hunnicutt (Hardcover - Mar 1988) Used & new from $2,018.73"

Yes, I know how Amazon.com works, some seller is asking for $2,018.73 which, does not mean he'll get it let alone that the book itself is worth anything like that. In any event, I was amazed some years ago to see Hunnicutt;s Sherman book on Amazon.com for $1,300. and now look! In one sense it would be bad news for all of us if the seller gets what he's asking because all other sellers may be influenced to start at a very high asking price.
bye for now-
Geoff Steer [;-{/) Shocked Neutral Crying or Very sad

#2: Re: Can you believe this...? Author: claude_GILLONO PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:10 pm
    ----
Quite stunning.
I got my 'Pershing' 2 years ago for near 200 $ thanks to Abebooks after 1 or 2 months. I even escaped the French customs.
I was wise enough to buy my 'Sherman' when it was first released, but it was one of most expensive book at the time.

#3: Re: Can you believe this...? Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:01 pm
    ----
Its a shame they're not available to buy as e-books.

#4: Re: Can you believe this...? Author: ossie PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:12 pm
    ----
hi

check ebay.co.uk out
look for seller ossie262
i am selling a pershing book right now
plus others. including a history of the 79th Armoured Division signed copy by the SSM of 81 assault Squadron.
search.ebay.co.uk/_W0Q...sZossie262

i am selling alot more over the next few weeks , need to see due to finacial reasons.

ossie

-> AFV News Discussion Board