Is Hunnicutt's Sherman being reissued?????
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Is Hunnicutt's Sherman being reissued????? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:00 pm
    ----
I just got an email on the G104 (Sherman) mailing list from a shop saying Sherman is being reissued and the preissue price is $117 with a retail price of $130.

Anyone else heard this? (other folks who saw the mail on G104 don't count as confirmation)

#2: Re: Is Hunnicutt's Sherman being reissued????? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:37 pm
    ----
Well, here's the link for pre-orders... Doubt they would go to the trouble if it wasnt true, unless this is an elaborate scam - and this otherwise seems to be a reputable model store:

www.greatmodels.com/~s...um=PRP0080

Neil

#3: Re: Is Hunnicutt's Sherman being reissued????? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:53 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

That 's The Great Web Model Store! In my internet pre-order dealings with them, most have worked out OK.

They have been carrying AFV's M40 in their pre-order section for about four years or so, but I don't think that was GWMS problem.

I wonder if all of Hunnicutt's book might show up again?

It would nice, I could use a new Sherman book and I missed his Patton book the first time around.

Very interesting!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#4: Re: Is Hunnicutt's Sherman being reissued????? Author: geoffsteer PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:41 pm
    ----
Hi Guys-
I dont like to poor cold water on such a happy thought as the possible re-publishing of Mr. Hunnicutt's books, however, I have to point out that this particular rumour has been around just about forever. I mean to say that this rumour has never been out of circulation. I know this because I spent well over a decade trying to acquire Mr. Hunnicutt's Stuart book so, I was on hand to hear all the rumours and other stories. Other stories? Well, one such was that the plates for the Stuart book were all destroyed in a warehouse fire along with a few others of his books (this particular rumour some time circulates with it being all his book destroyed). It was recently suggested that with laser technology now available, the plates would no longer be needed as new ones could be made by laser. I finaly did acquire the Stuart book and only want the Patton book to complete my collection which would leave me two short of the total of ten books Mr. Hunnicutt published. Those two are the Abrams and Firepower books, I simply dont feel the need for 'em!
Here's hoping!
Geoff Steer

#5: Re: Is Hunnicutt's Sherman being reissued????? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:38 pm
    ----
Well, I think this is more than just a rumour at this point. A rumour would just be someone saying that they heard they were being reissued. A store taking pre-orders is a bit more substantial to me - but not quite as confirmed as a statement by Random House...

Is this not the first time a store has taken pre-orders for a reissue?

Neil

#6: Re: Is Hunnicutt's Sherman being reissued????? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:09 pm
    ----
I agree with Neil. I think this is more than a rumor. I don't think there is much chance of most of the others being reprinted. There just wouldn't be enough demand compared to the Sherman book. The one other one I think might have enough demand would be the Abrams book but that one probably needs an updated edition to bring the development up to date.

#7: Re: Is Hunnicutt's Sherman being reissued????? Author: jcneelLocation: Victoria, Texas PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:24 pm
    ----
- geoffsteer
I finaly did acquire the Stuart book and only want the Patton book to complete my collection which would leave me two short of the total of ten books Mr. Hunnicutt published. Those two are the Abrams and Firepower books, I simply dont feel the need for 'em!
Here's hoping!
Geoff Steer

Hey, now! the Firepower book is my favorite one of the bunch (although I only have six of the ten). With the coverage of the T29, T30, T32, T34 and the M103, I find this to be a very interesting book. This one fits great between the Pershing book and the Patton book.

I like the Abrams mainly for the coverage of the T95 and MBT70s more so than for the M1s.

I still lack the Halftrack, Armored Car, Bradley and the Stuart books. And really, I have no interest in the Stuart book, although many seem to look for it like its the holy grail.

To each his own, I guess.

Chris Neel

#8: Re: Is Hunnicutt's Sherman being reissued????? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:32 pm
    ----
Well, we can all hope that if this is true, and that sales go well enough of Sherman that Random House will decide to do other reprintings...

Neil

#9: Re: Is Hunnicutt's Sherman being reissued????? Author: timrobertsLocation: shrewsbury UK PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:10 pm
    ----
there is a Pershing book for sale here
cgi.ebay.co.uk/R-P-Hun...dZViewItem

#10: Hunnicutt SHERMAN book for sale Author: jagjetta PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:24 pm
    ----
Can't offer any opinions on whether Hunnicutt's Sherman will be reprinted or not, but I do have an extra copy of the 1994 printing for sale on ebay:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...%3AIT&rd=1

Hope it will go to a good home!
John A-G
Iola, Wisconsin USA

#11: Re: Is Hunnicutt's Sherman being reissued????? Author: Sundrtonge PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:29 pm
    ----
One could nominate the title for Print on demand technology which would be great for me. All one needs to do is get the ISBN # and go to lightning print and make the nomination. If I think of it I might just do that.

-dave

-> AFV News Discussion Board