USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28, 29, 30  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#136: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:52 pm
    ----
We found the M60A3 on display in Watervliet, NY.

Veterans Park - Watervliet, NY - M60A3 and 3” gun
42°43'39.29"N
73°42'4.12"W
The park is located at SW corner of 16th St and 2nd Ave.

#137: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:49 pm
    ----
Toronto, ON update

The Denison Armory in Toronto is now surrounded by a tall chain link fence - so the days of unobstructed photos of the 2 M4A2s on display are no more! Too bad. Sad

#138: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:46 pm
    ----
CFB Borden update from our 11/2011 visit -

I spoke with the museum director and learned:

The M4A1 with Firefly turret is being restored to running condition at an area high school. They may install a diesel engine for ease of use.

The T55 and T72 were at the base shop having their fluids drained and were unavailable for viewing.

The T17E1 Staghound is now at CFB Petawawa.

Also- on this visit we had time to drive around the base and play scavenger hunt. We managed to find everything listed in the register - with the exceptions listed above - except a second M4A2. In addition we found many German WW2 artillery pieces.

Photos to be posted when time permits.

Cheers!
The VBs

#139: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:46 pm
    ----
Are there two Stridsvagn m/21-29 at Arsenalen Tank Museum, Strängnäs (Sweden)

www.plasticwarfare.se/...ting-2011/

?

#140: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Hello Chris,
Is it possible to get the sn's from the T-62 and Type 69?

regards,
Lesley

Lesley,
The paint was too thick on both vehicles to see anything. We did not get to the paintball range to see the second T-62. We'll be back their next Spring, weather permitting and get a closer look.

#141: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: ShermanWasRightLocation: Central Ohio/Northern Kentucky PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:27 pm
    ----
Revisited M60A3 AAD Rebuild SN 2470A in Dent, OH today to get the bit I missed the first time. RN is JJ04JY

I'll be rechecking AAD Rebuild SNs 2202A and 2454A when I can for the same.

#142: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:00 am
    ----
Hello Chris,
Is it possible to get the sn's from the T-62 and Type 69?

regards,
Lesley

#143: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:59 am
    ----
I'm at Camp Pendleton this weekend so here's my update for the registry:
LAV Memorial: LAV-25 no longer there. Whereabouts unknown.
School of Infantry: add T-69. MTLB not there.
Paintball park: T-62 & what looked like a M110A2. Will confirm that tomorrow.
1st Combat Engineer Bn: Abrams Breacher

San Diego: 4th Tank Bn M1A1 Abrams with the Sherman & M60A1.

#144: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:00 pm
    ----
Neil and the gang -

On 11/10/11, we stopped by:
US Army Reserve Center, 3181 Gun Club Rd
West Palm Beach, FL
(N26 40.397 W80 5.445)

There are NO AFVs on display. The two concrete pads in front of the bldg are empty. I attempted to enter the bldg and inquire, but could not - locked up tight.
We looked around the best we could, but saw no sign of the M42 and M110A2 listed in the registry.

Cheers!

#145: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:19 am
    ----
Registry update - Neil, et al

The AFV on display at:

Georgia Army National Guard Armory
1248 Eisenhower Dr, Savannah, GA
N32 0.371 W81 5.882

IS an M37.

The photo gallery post is posted in the main forum area.
Cheers,
VB

#146: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:24 am
    ----
Neil -

Also, we stopped by the Missouri Veterans Home in St James, MO and didn't see the M-56 listed in the registry. No sign of anything but a pair of old cannon barrels.

#147: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:22 am
    ----
Neil -

Stopped by Fort Leonard Wood, MO today and have some additions/changes for the registry.

Firstly, the base was hit by a tornado on 12/31/10. It touched down near the museum complex and took out some of the WW2 barracks. It blew down a lot of the trees that had been previously planted around the vehicles - a staff member from the MP museum told me that a number of the trees ended up on top of the M42B1E9 Sherman! Also the M132A1 was blown off its concrete pad and the MP boat was blown over. The boat is under restoration and the other outside exhibits are looking good.

The M728 is on display in the vehicle park across from the museum complex. It is SN 1. I verified this with one of the Engineering Museum staff.

They’ve added an uparmored Humvee to the static displays - it arrived during our visit.

We found a V706 Commando displayed at the 14th MP HQ on the corner of Iowa Ave and W 16th Street.

The M939 Gun Truck is located on the NW corner of Iowa Ave & Minnesota Ave.

#148: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:14 am
    ----
Neil -

We stopped by Durant, MS to look for the M7B2 listed in the registry as follows:

DURANT
C/2-114 Field Artillery, Mississippi Army National Guard Armory M7B2 Priest

We found a CLOSED MS ANG Armory bldg with nothing left but an old trash can. Bummer.

#149: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:56 am
    ----
- vagabond
One of the M22’s was sold. The museum has one displayed inside and a second stored in the backyard. The stored M22 is missing it’s turret. According to the young docent that gave me a backstage tour, the second M22 was converted by the Britsish for use as a personnel carrier.

Having done some quick researches, I've found a photo of the T-18 prime mover, which is a turretless M22 intended to tow the 105mm howitzer :

It looks a bit like the turretless M22 from Danbury, but it is not 100% the same. However, I've not found any trace of a British APC conversion.

P-O

#150: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:40 pm
    ----
Hello P-O!

I've posted the photo gallery from the Military Museum of Southern New England to our smugmug site - the post is in the general forum - including two photos of the 2nd M22.

We're glad to give you permission to use the photos for the surviving registries! We really appreciate the effort all of you put in to documenting the AFVs!

Cheers,
VB

-> AFV News Discussion Board