USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28, 29, 30  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#196: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:26 pm
    ----
- toadmanstankpictures
Neil,
The MVTF received 2 AIFV's from BAE Systems late last month. I'll be posting the photos on my site tomorrow:

www.toadmanstankpictur...ifv_01.jpg

They also received the hull of the FCS Lancer/Tracer Scout vehicle. I'll post those pictures tomorrow.

Chris, just saw this - looking forward to the Lancer TRACER Scout photos!

Neil

#197: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:30 pm
    ----
- ShermanWasRight
Russell, Kansas
VFW Post #6240
248 Bob Dole Drive
Russell, KS 67665-2400

-M60A3 Patton AAD Rebuild SN 2740A

Coordinates: 38.887951,-98.844697 (rough)

Yep, got that one, thanks!

maps.google.com/maps?f...41,,0,1.83

Neil

#198: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: ShermanWasRightLocation: Central Ohio/Northern Kentucky PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:56 pm
    ----
Probably not new, but just in case, has this been seen before?

www.airdefenseartiller...isplay.pdf

#199: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:16 pm
    ----
The old Belgian register was more than a year old, so it was time to get a second revision online.
It's now available at www.afvregister.org/Download.aspx

Tichenor

#200: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:47 pm
    ----
- Tichenor
The old Belgian register was more than a year old, so it was time to get a second revision online.
It's now available at www.afvregister.org/Download.aspx

Tichenor

Rolling Eyes well I also updated the France AFVs register today :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/France_AFVs.pdf

It was nearly 1 month old... lol

What about you, Neil?

P-O

#201: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:28 am
    ----
- the shadock

What about you, Neil?

To be honest, he has to cover a lot more ground than we do. As for me, Belgium is a lot smaler than most of the states in the US Wink ,
and even I didn't find time to visit all of the armour here. Sad .

It's my intention to release one update every year.

Tichenor

#202: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:15 pm
    ----
I'm still on it, keep finding new things I need to update.

For example, just googling for "guard armory" in a given state is pulling up new finds I didnt have before.

Plus I didnt realize until today you could turn _around_ the bing aerial view camera...

I'd love to say by end of June, but its probably July now...

Oh yeah, and one minor life-changing detail - I got engaged on Friday! So life gets in the way of course Wink

Neil

#203: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:32 pm
    ----
There comes a time you need to draw a line and say anything found after this date goes in the NEXT edition after this one.

And congratulations on the engagement.

#204: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:36 pm
    ----
- bsmart
There comes a time you need to draw a line and say anything found after this date goes in the NEXT edition after this one.

Good point Bob - perhaps I'll just finish checking the internet links that I was halfway done with as the "last thing to do" and just publish 3.1, to be followed by 3.2...

And congratulations on the engagement.

Thanks!

Neil

#205: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:03 pm
    ----
Congratulations on getting engaged!

#206: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:37 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

Plus I didnt realize until today you could turn _around_ the bing aerial view camera...

You are welcome! Laughing

And, congratulations...we'll see you in a couple of years.

Chuck

#207: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:32 am
    ----
Congrats Neil,

So I guess we'll be hearing less and less from you over time Laughing

Amen Bob,

But until we find someone willing to take on the massive undertaking of the USA register, I guess it's up to Neil where to draw the line. (Draw it soon Neil, I've been waiting for the latest version forever too)

#208: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: sarge5020 PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:19 am
    ----
Here's a couple more AFVs in Ontario; in Meaford, they've added a Couger AVPG and at the armoury in Windsor, they have a Centurion. Here's a picture of the Couger and I'll post the Centurion later.
Cheers,
John

#209: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:16 am
    ----
I can confirm that there is a T-34/85 in Monterey, CA at DLI, Presidio of Monterey. I saw it today as I was driving past the post on Hwy 68. It is painted in a real ugly puke green. I couldn't get any pictures as I blew by it too quickly. I'll try again another day.

#210: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:35 pm
    ----
Chris,
Thanks for the confirmation. I was able to find it on Google Maps
maps.google.com/maps?f...6&t=h&z=20

Doesnt show up on Bing too well www.bing.com/maps/?v=2...121.924408

I drove by the Presidio, and tried to get in, last February - but with no luck. I didnt see a thing (although I drove by on Lighthouse Ave near the bay), and the guards at the entrance didnt think there was any such tank...

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board