USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#226: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:26 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
That M41 is different from the one in front of the old Patton Museum in one of my pics (which has straight fenders). Do we know where "mine" is?

These are the ones I have online, with Don's help:

Preserved M41s

"Yours" sounds like this one:

Unique ID 1299: Fort Knox M41

though I didn't know it had been displayed outside the museum.

#227: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:05 pm
    ----
I've gotten a few e-mails and inquiries, so here's a quick update. The good news is I have a new permanent laptop. That means when I find the spare time, I can rebuild the register from the last drafts I sent out.

Bad news is that I am just totally swamped right now with my Military Analysis work, and oh yeah getting ready to get married...

Hopefully, maybe, I will find some spare time in a month or so?...

Neil

#228: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:15 pm
    ----
getting ready to get married...

Congratulations Neil, does She know of your AFV "Affliction" ? Mr. Green

#229: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:17 pm
    ----
Yeah, she's not interested and doesnt quite get it, but encourages me to pursue my interests & hobbies - if only I had the time LOL...

Neil

#230: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:21 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

My congratulations Neil.

If you need some help with the register, i'm sure we could help.

- Neil_Baumgardner
she's not interested and doesnt quite get it

Seems the same everywhere in the world, my wife turns green when she sees something like armour:( .

Michel

#231: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:20 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
oh yeah getting ready to get married.

Congratulations, also from the Low Countries

- Michel aka Trichenor
my wife turns green when she sees something like armour

Somehow this seams very contradicting ..... because most of the time the main color of armour is green Mr. Green

However she would nicely blend in with the armour .......

Sorry, single guy speaking so actualy I should not comment on this part ........ Wink

MichelK

#232: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:54 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Yeah, she's not interested and doesnt quite get it, but encourages me to pursue my interests & hobbies - if only I had the time LOL...

Neil

Where does she stand on pork BBQ?

This is the kind of detail that you need to explore prior to taking the plunge.

#233: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:42 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- Neil_Baumgardner

Neil

St. Louis (tomato/vinegar) or Memphis (sweet)...that's important to know too!

Congratulations!

Chuck

#234: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:14 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- Neil_Baumgardner

Neil

Being good South Carolinians (myself by birth, her by choice), we both love mustard base BBQ Wink In fact we prepared a couple of racks for a cookout a month or so ago and converted some Marylanders to mustard base...

Although she's also getting me to eat healthier... So, BBQ is more of an infrequent treat...

Neil

#235: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:27 am
    ----
Congrats!

#236: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:41 am
    ----
Neil said "converted some Marylanders to mustard base... "

Well considering that my father used to tell the story that when he came to maryland from Arkansas he was shocked when 'BBQ' around here meant sloppy joe's (ground beef in Heinz Chili Sauce) So we've come along way. The Carolinas have the biggest variety in BBQ styles Tomato based in Western NC, Vinegar based in Eastern NC and Mustard in SC. Each have their advantages and when done right all are good. When done poorly they may be better than none at all

#237: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:26 am
    ----
- Tichenor
- Neil_Baumgardner

My congratulations Neil.

If you need some help with the register, i'm sure we could help.

Michel

Michel,
Are you familiar with OpenOffice by chance?

Neil

#238: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:28 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

Are you familiar with OpenOffice by chance?

Writer I use frequently, the other applications far less Im afraid.

Michel

#239: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:43 pm
    ----
The Open Office writer? Great... Actually there is something you could do to help if you have the time. Shoot me an e-mail: baumgar[at] hotmail.com.

Neil

#240: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:40 pm
    ----
North Carolina updates

Hey Neil,

We’ve been poking about in NC and have this info regarding the AFV registry:

The M110A2 listed as being in Hamptonville is actually on display in Yadkinville in the Yadkin County Park, 6600 Service Rd, Yadkinville, NC. There is a Veteran’s Memorial section of the park where an M110A2 is displayed. I checked the SN and could make out 65 and possibly a 2. That matches the SN listed for the Hamptonville vehicle so I think they are one and the same. When I click on the link in the registry for VFW Post #10346 listed in Hamptonville, it shows a photo for a few seconds of the display in Yadkin County Park.

The M114 listed in Wilmington at Strickland’s Surplus is a home-built.
Photo from our Smugmug gallery –

The M41 listed for Charlotte is LONG gone. We looked for back in June 2010.

Pine Level, NC M110A2 SN BMY1217 confirmed.

Fort Fisher, NC – The North Carolina Military History Museum on Ft Fisher has:

T55 SN B05GT8314
M60 partial SN - could make out 266
M901 SN C2865
M110 SN 342 maybe 7

Go to this Smugmug gallery link for Ft Fisher photos:

afvagabond.smugmug.com...6408_7hmZf

We’re working on posting ALL the North Carolina VFW, American Legion, Memorial AFV’s in one Gallery heading on Smugmug – like we’ve done with IL. Will post to forum when completed.

Cheers!
The VB’s

-> AFV News Discussion Board