Neil-- AFV list additions for you
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Neil-- AFV list additions for you Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:28 pm
    ----
Michigan

M47 Swartz Creek
M60A3 Swartz Creek
M48 Light Guard Armory, Detroit
M60 Camp Grayling�by post gate, may have been removed as mentioned on
the AFV d/g
M60 Grayling; Mobilization and Training Equipment Site
M47 Grayling; Mobilization and Training Equipment Site
M114 Grayling; Mobilization and Training Equipment Site
M48 prototype Armada; M48 prototype with Shillelagh; AmVets Post 93
M114 Fort Wayne Detroit
M19A1 Fort Wayne Detroit
M7B1 Davison
M4A3 Southboardman; VFW Post 4087
M4A3 Estral Beach
M37 HMC Carleton
M55 Maybee; Maybee Post 4361
M18 GMC Flint; Sloan Museum
M59 Port Huron; at the home of the 119th Field Artillery, Bty A
M60A3 River Rouge
M60A3 Berville; VFW Post 203

Ohio
M3A3 north of Greenville; not sure it is still there, can the d/g verify
T54/55 Caldwell

Kentucky
M5 Madison; turret was at the 4 o’clock position
not sure it is still there, can the d/g verify

#2: Re: Neil-- AFV list additions for you Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:03 am
    ----
Shawn, do you get to Grayling often? I went there about 6-7 times with my Ohio National Guard unit for summer camps. Prior to that, I went there a couple times with my family when my dad had his summer camps there. Beutiful up there and I hear its getting alot of use these days!?

#3: Re: Neil-- AFV list additions for you Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:14 am
    ----
i was there for my battery arty competition this past july. my aunt and uncle live but a mile from the range we shot at. down past the mobilization and training equipment site, out on east north down river road.
i am up there about 2-3 times/year now.
unless units are up for manuevers, etc. you wont see much besides the statics on display.
for a short time the camp had some soviet afvs for training purposes, i never got to see those. i think that had been back in the early 90's?
i only remember, because of them having them they made the news...

#4: Re: Neil-- AFV list additions for you Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:33 am
    ----
- SHAWN

Ohio
M3A3 north of Greenville; not sure it is still there, can the d/g verify
T54/55 Caldwell

Shawn, would that be this one? Picture I saw it had no tracks, or tracks missing on at least one side... Like the descrip says, not in great condition...

McCONNELSVILLE
Army Surplus store
T-54 SOV out In poor condition

Thanks for the info! I am including it and all the others in my 2.0 update...

Neil

#5: Re: Neil-- AFV list additions for you Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:47 am
    ----
this would be it. if this is considered mcconnelsville then so be it. there aint nothing there. seems to be getting buried in debri more and more each time i see it.

#6: Re: Neil-- AFV list additions for you Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:24 am
    ----
No, this is another one, I think I remember it too. Let me see if I can find it, or if I missed it...

Neil

#7: Re: Neil-- AFV list additions for you Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:03 pm
    ----
so there is another one!??!!??
this is one that is west of caldwell, ohio. i have seen this twice, each time it keeps getting covered/surrounded by more debris. this one is also outside of a convenience/sporting goods store.
details for the location-- the owner also has a black bear or two in a cage behind the vehicle. i can be on the alert for dogs and bees. it was dark in the cage, the bear was at the very back in the shadows. his alerting you to his presence can be distinctive!

#8: Re: Neil-- AFV list additions for you Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:47 pm
    ----
Actually, I'm not so sure they are different... McConnellsville is 22 miles west of Caldwell... There's a Farley's Fishing & Hunting that is in Malta OH, near McConnellsville - does that sound right?

Neil

#9: Re: Neil-- AFV list additions for you Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:04 pm
    ----
well, i hope you enjoy the game this weekend neil.

as to the T-54, i am unsure. it may have moved. do you have a picture of the one in McConnellsville? McConnellsville is a little further west than were i ran across this T-54. the one i have seen on 2 seperate occassions is further to the east, along route 83 closer to Reinersville...
do you have any other info/details for the one in McConnellsville?
the one i know of has markings welded on the back of the turret which read "T55-2, Aerojet, Las Vegas".
if i remember right, aerojet is out in vegas, they make rockets, this came from their range/proving grounds...

#10: Re: Neil-- AFV list additions for you Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:27 pm
    ----
Unfortunately I'd have to dig through 150 pages of old "Tanks for the Memories" geocaching to find it... I guess I'll have to...

www.geocaching.com/see...e6cedf1f33

Its entirely likely that when I plugged the geocaching GPS coordinates into boulter.com, McConnellsville was the nearest town I saw on the map - unfortunately it gives you a dot on a map, not an address...

Frankly I have a hard time believing there are 2 in Ohio privately owned that close together... So I will probably just go with your descrip until I hear otherwise...

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board