Took this picture from my office
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Took this picture from my office Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:02 pm
    ----
Special occasion, I can post,

Took this picture from my office

BTW, this is my office Mr. Green (Albeit it's a loaner ).

Joe D

#2: Re: Took this picture from my office Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:04 pm
    ----
Get something to eat, Joe....you look thin. Wink

#3: Re: Took this picture from my office Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:12 pm
    ----
Smaller Target Wink

Joe D

#4: Re: Took this picture from my office Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:20 am
    ----
Joe, you're active duty? What kind of vehicle is that?

#5: Re: Took this picture from my office Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:03 am
    ----
Hi Jeff! Hi Folks!

- SFC_Jeff_Button

Joe, you're active duty?

Yes he is. He has limited access to the internet. He has been passing photos to Bob for posting here. He was the one who took the M1 road wheel photo for me.

- SFC_Jeff_Button

What kind of vehicle is that?

I'm guessing you are asking about the one under the bridge rather than Joe's temp office. The vehicle under the bridge is sometype of Soviet BMP in use by the new Iraq Army. Not sure which model. Can't make out the turret and main weapon.

Sgt, Scouts out! Smile

Last edited by Roy_A_Lingle on Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: Took this picture from my office Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:08 am
    ----
Actually I was talking about the "office" he works in with the flak vest present.

#7: Re: Took this picture from my office Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:04 pm
    ----
After some (largely unsuccesful) Photoshop manipulation of the top photo it looked like the BMP under the bridge *might* just have the standard BMP turret, nothing fancy.

VERY nice photo of the Humvee gunner's hatch! One of these days I'm going to glean enough info off the net to attempt a proper M1114 scratchbuilt... someday. Those bolted-on spare Humvee windshields seem to be becoming pretty common. I'm a bit surprised that those are not exactly transparent anymore.

#8: Re: Took this picture from my office Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:09 pm
    ----
And there's the M4 and the M2 with APIT....(hehehe) Love that stuff!!!

Joe, say hi to 'You Know who'...Florida v LSU is upcoming!!!

Don

#9: Re: Took this picture from my office Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:44 am
    ----
Hey Dontos,
I will relay the message. I'm sure he will be talking trash if Florida wins. Yes, the .50 is fun, about as close to feeling like a TC on a tank being a Gunner. I even have a thermal (AN/PAS-13) for it.
Mike, yes, it's on an M1114 "Pope-Mobile". That glass sucks. My original truck didn't have them up. I took them down and mounted them on the sides the other day, way too restrictive if I have to use the M4. It's also like riding in a Pacer with this sun here. I had a brand new Humvee (1151 I think) for a week as a loaner before I got this one. Hopefully my truck will be up in the next week or two. The glass/laminate scratches easy on the inside so when you make a pope mobile with it the sand and dust eats it up after a while. Even it it was crystal clear I'd still take it down though.

Joe D

#10: Re: Took this picture from my office Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:23 am
    ----
i just appreciate the fact you got a MaDuece in your office.

#11: Re: Took this picture from my office Author: A2_Prius PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:09 pm
    ----
One is tempted to ask whether the "hidden" BMP is equipped with a radar gun. However, it doesn't look as though the traffic is moving fast enough to worry 'bout giving out speeding tickets.

-> AFV News Discussion Board