Need Help !
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Software

#1: Need Help ! Author: Kafco PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:25 pm
    ----
~S~All,

Last Thursday night my computer ceased working in online IP multiplayer in both host and join. I had made no changes. All other online functions, including TS2, are okay.

Does anyone know which drivers MS XP Home SP1 uses for multiplayer function? ( Running: CFS2, FS9, IL2, GPL and GTL and none of them will go online.)

I reinstalled XP, cleaned the Registry, did virus scans, shut down Windows firewall, DMZ'd the router and shut down all background programs.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Ken

#2: Re: Need Help ! Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:06 pm
    ----
-S-

you dont have SP 2..?? maby thats it....

Hammer Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

#3: Re: Need Help ! Author: Kafco PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:58 pm
    ----
Hammer,

My mobo will not accept SP2.

I have been hosting IP for three years, three nights a week, with this machine in its current configuration. That's what's so strange !

We were on Monday night for GP Legends racing and again Wednesday night on FS9 for about an hour. Then Thursday night nothing could join or host.

XP Home SP1, P4 2.3Ghz, 1.5Gb ram, 256Mb video, 160Gb hdd, online with BellSouth DSL

BellSouth and Symantec both avow innocense.

Thanks for the input.

Regards,
Ken

#4: Re: Need Help ! Author: Kafco PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:02 pm
    ----
More.......

I did try System Restore to a date prior to Wednesday 20th September and that did not cure the problem.....

Man, I donno ????????

Regards,
Ken

#5: Re: Need Help ! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:07 pm
    ----
www.BuildYourOwn.org.uk/forums (look for the software/OS section; list your hardware, and mention that your mobo won't accept SP2).

#6: Re: Need Help ! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:22 pm
    ----
Odd that it won't accept SP2. I've ran into this problem before, but it seems to me there's and option to get around it in the bios...??

#7: Re: Need Help ! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:33 pm
    ----
A lot of the AMD chips wouldn't accept it, or would but would develop problems.
Don't know why but there was a big thing about it shortly after the release when wveryone started reporting.
Think it was just the 64 bits from memory.

#8: Re: Need Help ! Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:34 am
    ----
One simple question....Did your ISP change your ip without your knowledge?
Mine has done that to me a couple times and I had to reset my ports. Also you might try deleting your network connection and reinstalling it.

#9: Re: Need Help ! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:07 am
    ----
Good suggest, but not sure it would be that as TS2 still seems to be operating.

#10: Re: Need Help ! Author: Kafco PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:42 pm
    ----
Homfxr,

I did confirm that my static IP was correct. A couple of the guys "pinged" me to be sure and that worked.

I unassigned/reassigned the correct port numbers. When that didn't help I DMZ'd the router and that did not help either.

1> TS2 works.
2> I can watch movies online.
3> I can download/upload files.
4> Internet and email seem normal.

I'm trying to find which drivers are directly associated with IP gaming so that I can replace them.

Frustration !!!

Regards,
Ken

#11: Re: Need Help ! Author: Kafco PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:07 pm
    ----
I replaced the winsock.dll driver that handles the TCP/IP stack. No help.

I certainly do not want to clean out this machine and start over again. It could come to that. Damn.

Like I said: Frustration !!!

Regards,
Ken

#12: Re: Need Help ! Author: 401RCAF_Sly PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:07 pm
    ----
Hi Kafco

Suggest you power down Router and Modem (use reset buttons as well if fitted)

assign Static internal IP to your computer(s)

power up modem wait till connected

power up router

reset port forwarding to your new internal IP's

This seems like a mac address problem to me not an OS prob..

Sly

#13: Re: Need Help ! Author: Kafco PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:14 pm
    ----
Sly,

Thanks ! I will give it a try.

I changed the mobo this weekend so I could update to SP2 and be able to run FSX.

Still unable to multi host or join and now can't get TS2 to work. Rats !

Regards,
Ken

#14: Re: Need Help ! Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:10 am
    ----
What do all these games have in common? TCP, UDP, what else? What is the one thing you haven't changed yet?

"Still unable to multi host or join and now can't get TS2 to work. Rats !"

Sounds like the DSL modem is degrading. After replacing everything else, motherboard, OS, drivers, what is left?

#15: Re: Need Help ! Author: Kafco PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:15 pm
    ----
Step,

I don't know what the sims have in common. I'm sure there are system drivers common to multiplayer but I am not certain which ones.

Surely the sims are different engines: GPL (Sierra), GTL (SimBin) and CFS2 and FS9 (MS) and IL2 (Ubi). Now I've added FS X (which isn't even opening). The later MS sims use different versions of msxml.dll.

Like I said, TS2 works, ftp works both up and down, internet and mail are fine. The sims all run fine on my machine except FS X.

New specs: XP Home SP2, P4 3.2Ghz, 1.5Gb ddr ram, 256Mb video, 160Gb hdd.

I'm still trying !!!

Regards,
Ken

-> Software