OT-34 recovered from swamp
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: OT-34 recovered from swamp Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:49 am
    ----
www.trizna.ru/phpBB2/v...hp?t=16101

OT-34 (T-34 with flamethrower) in founded and recovered from one of Pskov area swamp, near Batovo village. Tank in good condition, in principal, can be restored in driving condition. As i can see, it's 1943 production tank with commander's turret.

Same tank, also recovered from swamp and restored:
walkarounds.airforce.r.../index.htm

Last edited by Taranov on Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

#2: Re: OT-34 in founded Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:56 am
    ----
Hi Taranov! Hi Folks!

Super! I am starting to like swamps! Looks like they do a good job of protecting old tanks for today's displays!

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: OT-34 recovered from swamp Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:28 pm
    ----
Hi Taranov and thanks for those links.. I'm every times surprised how those tanks were preserved and are found near to mint condition. Thanks again for sharing

Pierre-Olivier

#4: Re: OT-34 recovered from swamp Author: Cloudy PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:25 am
    ----
- Taranov
http://www.trizna.ru/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16101

OT-34 (T-34 with flamethrower) in founded and recovered from one of Pskov area swamp, near Batovo village. Tank in good condition, in principal, can be restored in driving condition. As i can see, it's 1943 production tank with commander's turret.

Same tank, also recovered from swamp and restored:
walkarounds.airforce.r.../index.htm

Why did they change the road wheels? Is that what they mean when the photo caption states that the tank received "new wings and tracks"? Shocked

#5: Re: OT-34 recovered from swamp Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:13 pm
    ----
- Cloudy
Why did they change the road wheels? Is that what they mean when the photo caption states that the tank received "new wings and tracks"? Shocked

Old wings is rusted, trucks, maybe, damaged.

-> AFV News Discussion Board