Question & Prize
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Question & Prize Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:52 pm
    ----
Ok absolutely nobody on the Mil-veh mailing list could answer this so to win a free subscription for one year to JED....

Who can tell me the name of the truck whose nickname translates as 'Lost War Model'

Cool

#2: Re: Question & Prize Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:28 pm
    ----
Not many replies to this so far....

Cool

#3: Re: Question & Prize Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:03 pm
    ----
Hi Jim!

Just so you know I AM paying attention to your question, I just wanted to say, I have no idea what vehicle you are talking about!

Confused
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#4: Re: Question & Prize Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:49 am
    ----
okay a further clue - the builders were not german....

Cool

#5: Re: Question & Prize Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:26 pm
    ----
Hi Jim! Hi Folks!

- JimWeb
....the truck whose nickname translates as 'Lost War Model'

'Lost War Model' or LWM which could be 'Long Wheelbase Model' was 4x4 Jeep with an extended body. Something like a mini troop carrier.

Looked through all my books on wheeled vehicles and that is the only thing I ran acrossed that lines up with the letters L, W, and M.

It that is not it, then I still NOT have a clue. Confused

Still here, Smile
Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board