Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#151: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:19 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
I really wish they'd not groom those shrubs to surround the Russian vehicles on all sides. Rolling Eyes

I think you are missing the point. The goal here is to protect the vegetables they put between the tanks Laughing

Massimo

#152: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:25 pm
    ----
See the nice zucchini behind this TR-85 M1A Laughing

More on the same tank:

Massimo

#153: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:10 pm
    ----
I'm just going to have to take a lot of time, next time I'm in the "Mc Office", looking at these pictures. (No broadband out in the sticks!).
It's amazing what's sitting in these ex-Eastern block museums. I've got a few pictures from a museum in Varna, Bulgaria, includes some impressive WW1 artillery.

#154: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:37 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
See the nice zucchini behind this TR-85 M1A Laughing

Massimo

Only an ethnic Italian would notice that. Laughing

#155: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:55 am
    ----
BTR-50P:

Massimo

#156: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:59 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Only an ethnic Italian would notice that. Laughing

Yes, first the Museum opened 10 min late, then I saw zucchinis and tomatoes among the tanks, finally the Museum closed 15 min before scheduled... I really felt I was back home Laughing

Massimo

#157: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:34 am
    ----
BTR-60PB:

Massimo

#158: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:59 am
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
I've got a few pictures from a museum in Varna, Bulgaria, includes some impressive WW1 artillery.

Yes, looks like there are more hidden gems in Bulgaria as well, with the main Museum in Sofia, plus branches in Varna and Plovdiv:
www.militarymuseum.bg/...takti.html

There is a Milano-Sofia direct, low-cost, flight. So I am considering that for the future too.
Belgrade and the Kalemegdan fortress is also on the list of places in Eastern Europe I would like to visit. The collection is smaller and more well-know than the Bulgarian museums, but still worth. Looks like I can arrange those visits as "hit and run" trips lasting 2-3 days across a week-end, without breaking the bank. Most likely it will only be a matter of time Cool

Massimo

#159: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:04 pm
    ----
I just check this photo collection. The Museum in Sofia looks really interesting:
www.flickr.com/photos/...312864911/

Massimo

#160: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:43 am
    ----
Turretless ABI armoured car:

Massimo

#161: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:44 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
BTR-50P:

Massimo

Well then, we know where the herb garden is. Do you suppose they serve fresh salads at the snack bar? Smile Wink

#162: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:45 am
    ----
The other ABI is in better shape:

Massimo

#163: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:41 am
    ----
- C_Sherman
Well then, we know where the herb garden is. Do you suppose they serve fresh salads at the snack bar? Smile Wink

The zucchinis and tomatoes I have seen weren't ready yet. I guess we should check later on in the summer Laughing

Massimo

#164: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:33 pm
    ----
The MLI-84 is sitting in front of the building, visible from the street (together with a bunch of guns):

Is this just a license build BMP-1 or it has some peculiar/specific features?

Massimo

#165: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:55 am
    ----
I have a question about the FT-17. There is a cast plate on the left side tracks, with the Renault brand on it. The one on Bucharest's tank show also what looks like a serial: 841-18. Is that the case on other FT-17s as well?

I know for sure the one in Thun was missing the plate, and there was no data available on the tank. The plate is missing also on the tanks in Bruxelles, Paris Musée de l’armée and Saumur's tank on static display.

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board