bodge it!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> Hardware

#16: Re: bodge it! Author: Shadow_ZotarLocation: Keller, TX PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:59 pm
    ----
Take it back!!!!

www.cyberpowerpc.com

#17: Re: bodge it! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:00 pm
    ----
ditto

#18: Re: bodge it! Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:20 pm
    ----
Shades that 4600+ is 939 socket, the mb I ordered is AM2 socket. Zo that link don't work. I prolly will return that machince and start with the MB I ordered. The mrs is giving me a little room to work with now....lol but not much!

#19: Re: bodge it! Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:39 pm
    ----
nice homey. so keeping me up till 4am was kinda pointless i guess lol...

#20: Re: bodge it! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:37 am
    ----
- Shadow_Homfixr
Shades that 4600+ is 939 socket, the mb I ordered is AM2 socket.
Ahhhhh, you spotted that....

#21: Re: bodge it! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:06 pm
    ----
Homey,

Don't forget to get yerself a CPU and Vidcard frying POWER SUPPLY UNIT of at least 1,000 watts when yer planning on that SLI stuff

fled

#22: Re: bodge it! Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:46 pm
    ----
Homey.. listen to Banshee and Mick and take that sucker back...if the headbutt thing doesn't work, tell them yer a Shadow pilot..lol and you will get Bush (wearing his leather sheep shearing leiderhosen) to come in and sit on him until he coughs up (or pukes up) a refund. Mr. Green

#23: Re: bodge it! Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:18 pm
    ----
LOL Hitman! Ok Puter is returned and prolly will be week or so before BestBuy returns my $. That gives me week or more to reseach out parts for new puter :O). I did go to NewEgg and did a little looking around and found a 4800+ for the same money as the 4600+. I also looked at the 1000 watt power supplys too Fled. I'm still gonna get that new MB I ordered so all parts must be compatible with that one. Ok time to go looking because I don't want to be like Kitform on making my mine up....lol!

#24: Re: bodge it! Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:36 pm
    ----
Ok here is my wish list for new puter. Please look thru it and tell me if I missed anything or if something is not compatible with the MB I should get on 10-19-06. THNX!

Mother Board:

www.tigerdirect.com/ap...2&NoMapp=0

Wish List:

secure.newegg.com/NewV...?WishListN

Questions right off the bat :

1. Do I need the heatsink and fan? The MB says fanless?
2. Do I need the cables as the MB has some cables included?
3. Should I spend the money on the sound card or is the onboard sound good?

#25: Re: bodge it! Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:48 pm
    ----
heatsink n fan not sure on, fanless is new to me lol , cables should be there and onboard sounds fine by me, i have both and cant say as i notice much dif.
homey what power supply you going for? some of those have cables supplied if there the plug in type too.. like this www.tagan.com/pages/pr...0_u15.html

#26: Re: bodge it! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:11 am
    ----
You need to provide adequate cooling for the cpu.
If it overheats it will be damaged.

If the motherboard provides a way of doing this (which I don't know about, and can't see any provision for), good enough.
If not, get the best fan/heatsink you can (especially if you're over-clocking).

Smile

#27: Re: bodge it! Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:18 pm
    ----
Seems my piblic wish list is no longer there...:O( . Ok I'll do it the hard way..lol and post a link to each product. Please would some one go thru each one and tell me if it is compatible or not needed....lol.

Mother board:

www.tigerdirect.com/ap...2&NoMapp=0

Case:

www.newegg.com/product...6811156063

Power Supply:

www.newegg.com/product...6817159020

Processor:

www.newegg.com/product...6819103754

Ram:

www.newegg.com/product...6820146093

Card Reader:

www.newegg.com/product...6820300901

Hard Drive:

www.newegg.com/product...6822148144

DVD Burner:

www.newegg.com/product...6827151133

Sound Card if needed:

www.newegg.com/product...6829102004

Heat Sink and Fan:

www.newegg.com/product...6835106075

Ok what did I miss? Remember I already have vid cards and MB came in today:O)! Keyboard, mouse, extra DVD writer and external HD I also have! Seems the MB has a lot of cables in there so I did'nt post links to them.

#28: Re: bodge it! Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:31 am
    ----
- Shadow_Homfixr
Ok time to go looking because I don't want to be like Kitform on making my mine up....lol!

LOL, you can't rush these things Homey...It took me 20years of engagement before I married my wifey...LOL

I have a concern about the cpu fan design, thermaltake, the make is excellent but the design may not suit an Asus mobo.

Asus use a fanless design to cool the northbridge and/or southbridge chips, the heat sinks for these are located next to the cpu and need the air flow from the cpu fan to work correctly, the thermaltake cooler your looking at looks as though it's raised above the cpu. my concern is that the airflow from the cpu fan will miss the heatsink on the mobo for the north/southbridge chip.

Fans to clip onto the north/southbridge heatsinks are available but they are intended only for use when water cooling the cpu, hence no cpu fan and airflow for the mobo heatsink(s).

PSU, If I was buying another one, I would definately go with one that has plug in leads instead of the conventional type with a bundle of leads already hanging out of it.

Don't forget your hard drive(s), unless you already have suitable ones.

#29: Re: bodge it! Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:32 pm
    ----
Thanks Kitform! If I understand you correctly the fan and heatsink is NOT needed with this MB? I will check on another PSU but finances are tight and most of the others I saw are quite a few more $....lol. I have one hard drive listed up there:

www.newegg.com/product...6822148144

My other HD will be an external HD for storage only that I already have. As $ allows I will add another internal HD to match the one I'm gonna get.

#30: Re: bodge it! Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:59 pm
    ----
Ok I found a 900 watt Tagan...the one Banshee recommended here:

www.aicmicro.com/produ...p?id=30408

I am hoping it has the plug in leads because there is no pics of the back!

-> Hardware