FS9 planes in FSX
-> FSX

#1: FS9 planes in FSX Author: Kafco PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:28 pm
    ----
~S~All,

I've moved two FS9 planes, Vultee BT-13 and Stearman PT-13A, to FSX with excellent results.

In the FSX config file and under [Main] add a line: SimObjectsPaths.6=Aircraft

Add a folder to FSX main:
Aircraft

Copy your plane to the Aircraft folder. Be sure you have the planes gauges in the Gauges folder and that the plane has good Sound files or is aliased to an existing FSX plane's sound.

To get the plane image into the selection page: Take a printscreen pic of the plane and crop/reduce or otherwise size it to 128 X 64 and name it thumbnail.jpg. Add this .jpg tp the plane's texture folder. If you have more than one texture you will need the additional thumbnails.

Thanks to a lot of contributors for their help.

Man, this is fun !!

Regards,
Ken

#2: Re: FS9 planes in FSX Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:37 pm
    ----
- Kafco
In the FSX config file and under [Main] add a line: SimObjectsPaths.6=Aircraft

LOL, I tried and tried but couldn't get this to work, I checked and re-checked but still it didn't work, even thought it was down to the thumbnails I made...

Then I found the cause...there's an extra S in the line above...It should read...

SimObjectPaths.6=Aircraft

#3: Re: FS9 planes in FSX Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:42 pm
    ----
Hey just a note: on making preview thumbnails for the new aircraft selection menu, I made JPG's sized at 256x128. So that works well as does 128x64.

-> FSX