Addon Scenery in FSX...
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> FSX

#1: Addon Scenery in FSX... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:43 pm
    ----
I'm rather desperate to know how "Phu_Bai_Redux" (avalable here at Com-Central... com-central.net/index....ils&id=273 ) performs in FSX. Well, I'm curious about addon scenery generally (particularly mine, or that Ascout feller's) but especially about Phu Bai!

It's a fully stand alone, complete package that doesn't require adding anything to the FSX folder itself, so there's no risk involved in trying it. I'd like to know how it looks and any screenies would be ultra-appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

D.

com-central.net/index....ils&id=273

#2: Re: Addon Scenery in FSX... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:26 pm
    ----
Dangit I'd love to answer this one...but I can't, not until my free (well, free with $25.00 pre-registration for the Avsim convention) copy of FSX Deluxe gets here....not expecting it until the end of the month or so. Until then, I'm relgated to using the demo and the lil' islands around St. Martin or whatever it is...

Maybe one of the lucky individuals who's got it can say....golly even just the Com-Central Wilderness at CBB7 would be very worthwhile for anyone with a Com-C membership to install Smile

#3: Re: Addon Scenery in FSX... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:12 pm
    ----
Awww, Stoopy...by cheaping out on the man, you're delaying important decisions and maybe development work, if applicable. C'mon, somebody that ain't such a tightwad check this out for the Installation Commander over at Phu Bai...it's a matter of National Security!

#4: Re: Addon Scenery in FSX... Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:38 pm
    ----
I have this package installed in FS 9

MegaScenery USA 2005 Volume 4
MegaScenery Pacific Northwest
Seattle & Surrounding Areas
For Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

www.megascenery.com/vol4-us.htm

and the company is promiseing to provide instructions to allow one manually to load it in to FS X and later a patch to allow to automaticaly load in to FS X, so I will be able to see if FS X provides better images with this add on.

www.megascenery.com/order.htm

Flight Simulator X Compatibility Guarantee
We are pleased to be able to guarantee you that all current versions of MegaScenery are compatible with FSX! We will shortly be producing a FREE installer however you can manually add MegaScenery to FSX (a simple procedure) without the need for the installer. A document will be published shortly outlining how to accomplish this. So you can order and use MegaScenery titles now with FS2004 and FSX and you can obtain the free downloadable installer when it is made available.

Saludos Amigos
Adrian Wainer

#5: Re: Addon Scenery in FSX... Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:01 pm
    ----
This looks like it is going to be something special!

www.horizonsimulation....cts_id=209

Saludos Amigos
Adrian Wainer

#6: Re: Addon Scenery in FSX... Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:31 pm
    ----
English lake district photographic scenery available for FS X as a free download

A demo (110Mb) is now available and a full-length video will be available shortly - in the meantime click here for a short video of the area featured in the demo.

www.justflight.com/pro...p?pid=200#

Saludos Amigos
Adrian Wainer

#7: Re: Addon Scenery in FSX... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:24 am
    ----
Doug,

here a dl for ya with some screenies I took at VVPB in fsX

fsX pic's

fled
Cool

p.s. I added the AFCAD file, only difference it took longer to load , but the good news, all parking spots showed up and available in the selection menu

#8: Re: Addon Scenery in FSX... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:20 am
    ----
Thank you Fled!! Since The Man is on travel and may not be able to open the Zip file, I'll post some of your shots for him to view now if that's OK?

From what I can see it looks all OK except for some transparent texture issues on two of the parked aircraft, and those doggone trees disapeared again. Both items are hopefully not difficult to deal with, I'd bet at least the aircraft textures simply need to be converted to another format with DXTBMP and that would do it.

Here are 5 of the 14 shots you provided (THANKS!):

#9: Re: Addon Scenery in FSX... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:30 am
    ----
Looks as if the file has a couple of bugs in the changeover, but overall, it looks great!

Thanks Fled, I can cross that off my list...lol

#10: Re: Addon Scenery in FSX... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:43 am
    ----
Thanks, Guys....I was away in Berlin. Maybe a texture guru can fix the parked aircraft for me...(a certain Stoopy already has the files, I think...or I can send).

My "Trees" were "old school"...from Gerrish. I am given to understand that there are more advanced (current) tree addons available so I'll look into that. If it's only those two things, we're lookin' fixable...

So, no phenomena with the parked helicopters or terminal, eh? Excellent!

#11: Re: Addon Scenery in FSX... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:02 pm
    ----
I've got the fiels and all that. I've aso been doing some research in the various FSX development forums to try to get a head start on what the fixes could involve to the textures. The only thing I'm missing is the sim itself so far to try to view results. Hopefully, based on what I've read, the transparnecies aren't caused by the macro types being used. I have the Deluxe version coming which will include the SDK documentation that should go into those details and hopefully lead to workarounds. I'm all set to pursue it, just waiting on the "platform". Checking mail for it every stinkin' day.

#12: Re: Addon Scenery in FSX... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:35 pm
    ----
...an I'm gonna' need some mo' betta' trees. Wink

#13: Re: Addon Scenery in FSX... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:21 pm
    ----
If the window texture probs are with my macros/helos I'm not sure if there is an easy fix since I always used the built in transparencies in FSDS. I'm pretty sure other designers like Jordan use external textures for their window transparencies.

Might require tweaking the model in FSDS and re-creating.

#14: Re: Addon Scenery in FSX... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:39 pm
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
If the window texture probs are with my macros/helos I'm not sure if there is an easy fix since I always used the built in transparencies in FSDS. I'm pretty sure other designers like Jordan use external textures for their window transparencies.

Might require tweaking the model in FSDS and re-creating.

Richard,
From what I can see (I don't have FSX) it appears only to be the C-130 and the C-7.

#15: Re: Addon Scenery in FSX... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:18 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Awww, Stoopy...by cheaping out on the man, you're delaying important decisions and maybe development work, if applicable. C'mon, somebody that ain't such a tightwad check this out for the Installation Commander over at Phu Bai...it's a matter of National Security!

OK well, ain't gonna be waiting any longer just so's I can cheap out on the man. Although....I'd like to!

Pretty disgustimipated about how this has been handled...or NOT handled, I should say......as are over 300 other loyal users of the series who attended and have been waiting for somethign promised to show up....

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=157&topic_id=1685&mode=full

-> FSX