Unusal U.S. Trailer
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Unusal U.S. Trailer Author: mikek92888 PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:50 pm
    ----
I found a picture of a drop deck lowboy trailer used by the U.S. Army in or shortly after the Korean war that I've never seen before. I found more pics of it at the Tanxheaven website:
tanxheaven.com/ljs/tra...boyljs.htm
What trailer is this? is there an M number assigned to this or was it just an off-the-self purchase much like construction equipment.

#2: Re: Unusal U.S. Trailer Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:10 pm
    ----
Hi Mike! Hi Folks!

Sorry, don't know the M-number for that rig. Back when I was in the 4th and 5th grades (1958-1959) I remember seeing that type of trailier in my Dad's unit at Camp Walters Texas. He was in a heavy construction engineer battalion and they used that type of trailer to move bulldozers and other tracked engineer equipment. If I remember right, most of the time the tow vehicle was a dump truck.

Some of my very old history.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: Unusal U.S. Trailer Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:14 am
    ----
I think it was an off-the shelf purchase for an engineer unit. I have been through the ordnance catalogues for the 40s 50s & 60s and there is no sign of it. I have images of about 20 other trailer types that never appeared in these either so its not uncommon.

Cool

-> AFV News Discussion Board