Der Fuehrer's "Mustang" conundrum....
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Der Fuehrer's "Mustang" conundrum.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:29 am
    ----
Maybe he should just rent a Hertz Shelby until something suitable comes along? (If you've owned a recent BMW, you should love this too.... Wink )

Another variation of the "Downfall" clip, just for Stoopy (Warning, strong language, in the subtitles only).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2bycZa4zKY

Mr. Green

#2: Re: Der Fuehrer's "Mustang" conundrum.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:19 pm
    ----
So I was readin in the "Times" auto section that the new Shelby puts out 500HP?

Man oh man.

#3: Re: Der Fuehrer's "Mustang" conundrum.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:38 pm
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat

Man oh man.

Doesn't seem to perform like it, though...in any test thus far. Even for it's bloated weight.

A better call would have been the 5.4 version of this block, normally aspirated, and breathed on to produce, oh, 400 H.P. while keeping the weight down. Sum'thin' even a supreme leader could love.

#4: Re: Der Fuehrer's "Mustang" conundrum.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:46 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
A better call would have been the 5.4 version of this block, normally aspirated, and breathed on to produce, oh, 400 H.P. while keeping the weight down.

Amen!!!!! To me, this car's all about balance. Even "just" 300 H.P. and 320 ft/lbs of torque is plennnn-ty when you've got wonderful neutral handling through the turns even with that live rear axle back there. More'n enough to get you in trouble with The Man on those twisty backroads!

#5: Re: Der Fuehrer's "Mustang" conundrum.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:28 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
- JG300-fr8ycat

Man oh man.

Doesn't seem to perform like it, though...in any test thus far. Even for it's bloated weight.

A better call would have been the 5.4 version of this block, normally aspirated, and breathed on to produce, oh, 400 H.P. while keeping the weight down. Sum'thin' even a supreme leader could love.

had to look it up since I didn't read the whole article. The Shelby GT500.

Under the hood is a supercharged and intercooled, 32-valve 5.4L V-8 kicking out 500 horsepower.

Fords site. www.svt.ford.com/

Wonder if I took my truck back to the dealer if they could do-up my 5.4 the same Laughing

#6: Re: Der Fuehrer's "Mustang" conundrum.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:15 am
    ----
Finally watched the clip....."Camaro SS"...LMAO!!!! (I had an 80's Camaro R/S....ewwwwwwww yuuuccchhhhh!!!).

I say we have another get-together at Ascout's and get wrenching on your pickup, fr8ycat.....Ascout's got the ultimate set of tools, and beer in the fridge!!! Laughing

#7: Re: Der Fuehrer's "Mustang" conundrum.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:24 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Finally watched the clip....."Camaro SS"...LMAO!!!! (I had an 80's Camaro R/S....ewwwwwwww yuuuccchhhhh!!!).

I say we have another get-together at Ascout's and get wrenching on your pickup, fr8ycat.....Ascout's got the ultimate set of tools, and beer in the fridge!!! Laughing

www.autoblog.com/2006/...fx2-sport/

"Go through the catalog of available factory accessories and Ford Racing parts and choose the equipment they'd like to see on one of the new FX2s. The list the scribes came up with was long and distinguished, and included (among other things) a Ford Racing intercooled supercharger, 4-pot Brembos, a lowering kit, a Harley-Davidson-edition front end, a silver racing stripe, SVT wheels, and a side-exit exhaust. Inside, the truck received pillar-mounted gauges, Harley-Davidson-model pedals, Bluettoth, and rear-seat DVD."

www.steedatruck.com/news/

"With this in mind Steeda Autosports has introduced their F-150 SC. Similar in content to the company’s “Red Thunder� F-150 that won the Ford Motor Company’s Product Excellence Award at the 2005 SEMA Show, the F-150 SC features a Steeda/ Magna Charger MP112 supercharger with the Steeda designed and engineered intercooler system. With this system the 5.4 L 3V engine makes in excess of 446 horsepower and 450 ft.lbs of torque. A unique Steeda /SCT tune insures the system runs perfectly."

The stuff is out there. Bring money.

#8: Re: Der Fuehrer's "Mustang" conundrum.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:58 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy

"I have model cars with less plastic" LMAO

Think post #1 on the autoblog link was Stoopy. Still p'd off about owning an 80's Camaro Razz

That FX2 does look nice but I've never been a fan of lowered trucks.

I'll stick with my 4X4.

#9: Re: Der Fuehrer's "Mustang" conundrum.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:37 pm
    ----
Meester Fr8ycat...

Get rid of the truck altogether...real men use bikes anyway... Wink

#10: Re: Der Fuehrer's "Mustang" conundrum.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:52 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Meester Fr8ycat...

Get rid of the truck altogether...real men use bikes anyway... Wink

I definitely envy their gas mileage.
and look at all the chicks this one got with his (her?) ride.

#11: Re: Der Fuehrer's "Mustang" conundrum.... Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:49 am
    ----
That's got to be in Thailand - I've seen entire families (8 x pax) on one of those things!

#12: Re: Der Fuehrer's "Mustang" conundrum.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:37 pm
    ----
- JG300_Hunt
That's got to be in Thailand - I've seen entire families (8 x pax) on one of those things!

Vietnam, trust me. Wink

(Check the signs in addition to the attire. Thai is completely different)

#13: Re: Der Fuehrer's "Mustang" conundrum.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:14 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy

Herr Cookie Duster (and you too!) would be a lot more repectful of those Camaro SS's if you'd had a pre-smogger. This one (bought after comin' home from overseas in '72) took the "D" Stock class win at Ohio Valley Raceway (Louisville). Wink
(That's a Ft. Knox bumper sticker on it in case Dontos wanders over here)

Sure, I have the Moostang now, but I'm not fanatical about badges if it's fun enough.

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum