STOOPY! (and all piggies of "a certain age")
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: STOOPY! (and all piggies of "a certain age") Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:29 pm
    ----
...a "must have" piece o' kit for those extensive collections of vinyl and acetate some of us harbor from years past.

Now Jaime Brockett can live again!

www.amazon.com/Ion-iTT...B000BUEMOO

"Hear Ye, Hear Ye! See the first USB turntable for converting your old vinyls directly to CD or MP3 with the included recording software (No special drivers needed!). It includes Audacity software for Mac/PC for recording and a trial of Bias Soundsoap 2 for cleaning and restoring vinyl quality. In addition, the ION iTTUSB turntable also has line level output for connecting to any home stereo with CD or auxiliary (AUX) inputs. It is compatible with any software that supports USB audio input sound cards. CD with Mac/PC recording software 33 1/3 and 45 RPM. Adjustable Anti-Skating control for increased stereo balancing High speed vinyl recording Line level RCA outputs 1/8 stereo line input so you can digitize music from cassettes or other sources Computer Requirements - PC running Windows 98, 2000, or XP / Mac running OS9 or greater / One available USB port "

#2: Re: STOOPY! (and all piggies of "a certain age") Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:24 am
    ----
HoLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Cripes.......

Perfect!!!!!!!!

How cool is that??!!!!

#3: Re: STOOPY! (and all piggies of "a certain age") Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:40 pm
    ----
Yuck,,ewwwwwww.warning unless you care not about your vinyl or the sound of the recording that thing could produce you should find another route,like finding a person who can tune up your turntable,then set it up ie level and sturdy,then you might be able to enjoy those older recordings the way the original sound engineers intended,liquid ,honest,and faithfull creating a true soundstage without being tiring the way ony true analogue can be,and yes I do know that I am a little over the top on this subject and that for some that gizzmo would be just the thing.

#4: Re: STOOPY! (and all piggies of "a certain age") Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:01 am
    ----
Could just connect your amplifier through your p.c. and record it straight from the signal.
Some of us still like to keep our vynyl separate from our cd's / mp3's.
Smile

#5: Re: STOOPY! (and all piggies of "a certain age") Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:33 am
    ----
- JG300-Dan736
Yuck,,ewwwwwww.warning unless you care not about your vinyl or the sound of the recording that thing could produce you should find another route,like finding a person who can tune up your turntable,then set it up ie level and sturdy,then you might be able to enjoy those older recordings the way the original sound engineers intended,liquid ,honest,and faithfull creating a true soundstage without being tiring the way ony true analogue can be,and yes I do know that I am a little over the top on this subject and that for some that gizzmo would be just the thing.

Absolutely true - quality and smoothness of vinyl can't be beat, it's an ambience all it's own. Nothing sounds as good as my old turntable and stereo setup down in the basement. Especially the stuff recorded on old tube studio gear. But for cutting stuff from LP to MP3 so it can be enjoyed in the car or whatever, this's the ticket!

And the filtering software is hopefully good. I've got some old rare Surf stuff that's been played thousands of times, lots of times with a guitar in hand to pick through the songs and learn 'em or later just cranking up both the stereo and the amp to knock through it in synch. So as a result, my favorite old stuff is the most worn-out, especially right through all the good parts. I had my stereo and computer co-located together for a while and got a few tunes converted and filtered, but not everything because it was a hassle at the time. This little gizmo looks pretty slick tho, actually considering it!

#6: Re: STOOPY! (and all piggies of "a certain age") Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:07 am
    ----
- JG300-Dan736

Well, point taken. But consider that my car is MP3 capable and I cant get those 33 1/3 LP's through the CD slot, if ya knowhutahmean.... Wink

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum