LVTA4 Survivors?
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: LVTA4 Survivors? Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:50 pm
    ----
A couple of years ago there was the wreck of what I think is an LVT 4 at Overloon in Holland that had been recovered from the sea I think. It was dumped outside and I'm sure I've got a picture somewhere.

Tim,

#17: Re: LVTA4 Survivors? Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:53 pm
    ----
A couple of years ago there was the wreck of what I think is an LVT 4 at Overloon in Holland that had been recovered from the sea I think. It was dumped outside and I'm sure I've got a picture somewhere.

Tim,

I think it has been more then an couple of years

It was in the time that most of the equipment was parked out side
Wonder where it is now Confused

Because I have not seen it for years

Michel

#18: Re: LVTA4 Survivors? Author: col.halftrackLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:30 pm
    ----
Thanks for the list.
Here's an addition:
LVT-3C
WW2 and Korea museum at Camp Pendleton has one inside. Your list shows the post-war modified LVT-3 that they recently painted on static display outside the quonset.
I own an early LVT-3 not sure how to post photos but you can check out the youtube of her first swim here www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfwFatbeHJM
Thanks for the list.
Sounds like there will be a rare oppurtunity to see at least four LVTs swimming together at the Michigan "Rolling Thunder" airshow 2011. Corsairs flying CAS while a beach landing is demonstrated.

#19: Re: LVTA4 Survivors? Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:52 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Wonder where it is now Confused

Michel,

Sit down and take a deep breath.....

It has been scrapped.

Hanno

#20: Re: LVTA4 Survivors? Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:14 am
    ----
thaimisc.pukpik.com/fr...opic=22365

LVT-4 - Chulabhorn Camp in Narathiwat (Thailand)

#21: Re: LVTA4 Survivors? Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:30 am
    ----
LVT REGISTER

the.shadock.free.fr/Su...g_LVTs.pdf

#22: Re: LVTA4 Survivors? Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:34 pm
    ----
LVT-3C - Gimpo Marine Park (South Korea)

postfiles16.naver.net/...PG?type=w2

blog.naver.com/PostVie...=175035456

LVT-3C - Tongyeong Landing Operation Memorial Hall, Namhaean-Daero (South Korea)

www.tyrokm.co.kr/bbs/b..._2&wr_id=2

2x LVT-3C - Incheon Landing Operation Memorial Hall, Incheon (South Korea)

cfile236.uf.daum.net/i...F16D2ECD3A

blog.naver.com/PostVie...0114676258

LVT-3C - Ch'eng-kung-ling, Nantun District, Taichung (Taiwan)

www.flickr.com/photos/...otostream/

LVT-3C - The Philippine Military Academy, Baguio City (Philippines)

www.flickr.com/photos/...otostream/

Last edited by bialy-r on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:27 pm; edited 4 times in total

#23: Re: LVTA4 Survivors? Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:25 pm
    ----
LVT-3C - Military exposition, Imjingak (South Korea)

cfile230.uf.daum.net/i...4B9F283FF7

www.uraken.net/world/k...rea05.html

blog.daum.net/homihomicafe/13408404

LVT-3C - Patriotic Exhibition of Weapons, Daejeon National Cemetery (South Korea)

blog.chosun.com/blog.l...Id=1231749

blog.naver.com/PostVie...0191824953

LVT-3C – War Memorial of Korea, Seoul (South Korea)

www.doopedia.co.kr/_up...705322.jpg

www.doopedia.co.kr/pho...&position=

(better photo of www.flickr.com/photos/...304939451/ )

#24: Re: LVTA4 Survivors? Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:34 am
    ----
LVT(A)-4 wreck – Sunked near Saipan Island (Northern Mariana Islands)

www.pacificmaritimeher...es/lvta-4/

#25: Re: LVTA4 Survivors? Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:01 pm
    ----
LVT-4 - Darwin Military Museum (Australia)

www.flickr.com/photos/...565110086/

#26: Re: LVTA4 Survivors? Author: vmmv1Location: virginia PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:24 pm
    ----
To answer your original question, the Lvta4 in Flags was original with a live gun, it was on loan from the museum at Camp Pendleton, the rest (6) were real LVt 4's. I brought one up and drove it for the 2 months we were in Iceland for the filming.

#27: Re: LVTA4 Survivors? Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:47 pm
    ----
LVT-2 wreck - Darame, Morotai Island, Maluku Islands (Indonesia)

www.republika.co.id/be...asan-basry
onthespotupdate.blogsp...erang.html

#28: Re: LVTA4 Survivors? Author: TerryStibalLocation: Pensacola FL PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:39 am
    ----
There is an LVT at the Veteran's Memorial located to the south of Port Arthur TX. It is stored outside and fully exposed to the weather.

#29: Re: LVTA4 Survivors? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:40 am
    ----
- TerryStibal
There is an LVT at the Veteran's Memorial located to the south of Port Arthur TX. It is stored outside and fully exposed to the weather.

I had a look and found the Golden Triangle Veterans Memorial Park in Port Arthur. There is a tank whick looks like an M60, a LCVP, a Huey helicopter and some artillery, but no LVT. Do you have some photos please?

P-O

#30: Re: LVTA4 Survivors? Author: TerryStibalLocation: Pensacola FL PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:40 pm
    ----
I've not been there for over eight years, so it is possible that things have changed. And no, I took no photos when I was there. (I was running OSHA's response to the hurricane at the time, and didn't have much spare time for sightseeing.)

-> AFV News Discussion Board